PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys, can you please give me a bit of advice? I was appr

mirrodie
2006-02-06, 07:26 PM
well, someone approached me regarding Concorde footage that I may ha ve and they might make an offer to use it in a video.

I have mostly video footage and so my question is what is appropriate compensation to ask for/expect?

ANy advice is appreciated. THanks!

PhilDernerJr
2006-02-06, 09:02 PM
Well, there are several steps.

1. Learn to use the shift key properly.

2. What will they be using the video for exactly? What is the distribution, where will it be seen, etc.?

3. How much money do you think they will be making off of it, if any at all?

4. What have they already offered you, or if they might not be able to pay you with cash...is there anything they have that might interest you for some kind of bartering deal? (ie: butt secks)

5. Make sure that regardless, that you let them know this is for this ONE TIME USAGE, and that you require credit given (probably at the end of the video) with your name as you desire.

Midnight Mike
2006-02-06, 09:23 PM
well, someone approached me regarding Concorde footage that I may ha ve and they might make an offer to use it in a video.

I have mostly video footage and so my question is what is appropriate compensation to ask for/expect?

ANy advice is appreciated. THanks!

Of course the other question, is this video footage that you personally recorded & not footage that you recorded from a TV show?

Aside from that, Phil pretty much covered the basics, don't forget to have some type of contract drawn up....

mirrodie
2006-02-06, 09:48 PM
thanks, I'll look into those things, butt secks aside.