PDA

View Full Version : New building at JFK

Ari707
2006-01-27, 04:28 PM
What is being built by the old TWA hanger

cancidas
2006-01-27, 05:22 PM
that's me. i, along with a few partners, are building a new corporate flight support senter specifically tailored to large aircraft such as the BBJ, ACJ and up. our massive ramp space will allow up to 3 747s and 2 737s to be parked there simultaniously. of course we're going to offer our services to all corporate aircraft. we're cooperating with avfuels for all of our fueling needs, allowing pilots and operators to collect avfuel points redeamable for free fuel and other merchandise.

Jonesbeach
2006-01-30, 03:17 PM
My understanding is that it is a de-icing facility. From what I heard, the Port is looking to stop using Propylene Glycol and these new buildings will have heaters of some kind in them. I think there is also one being built over behind jetBlue. I guess they will be located near the ends of the runways normally used in icy weather. What I heard may not be correct, but it seemed logical.

Jones Beach

Midnight Mike
2006-01-30, 04:05 PM
that's me. i, along with a few partners, are building a new corporate flight support senter specifically tailored to large aircraft such as the BBJ, ACJ and up. our massive ramp space will allow up to 3 747s and 2 737s to be parked there simultaniously. of course we're going to offer our services to all corporate aircraft. we're cooperating with avfuels for all of our fueling needs, allowing pilots and operators to collect avfuel points redeamable for free fuel and other merchandise.

Very interesting, do you have a website? I can spread the word to some of the Corporate people that we train.....

Will you be involved in catering at all?

Mike

Jonesbeach
2006-02-06, 10:39 AM
I guess what I heard was correct. My contact at the Port Authority sent me this link:

http://www.panynj.gov/AboutthePortAutho ... php?id=544 (http://www.panynj.gov/AboutthePortAuthority/PressCenter/PressReleases/PressRelease/index.php?id=544)

Enjoy.

jfklganyc
2006-02-06, 09:47 PM
Accept, much like other PA projects, its very behind schedule.

As you source about that. Kinda funny that it probably won't be done until March . . . just in time to sit idle for 3 seasons! :)

Thing i'm not sure of is what happens if they are using the 4s or 22s for departure? Can they still use that facility located near the old TWA hangar in an efficient manner?