PDA

View Full Version : Is It a Sport?

PhilDernerJr
2006-01-26, 11:19 PM
This comes down to the big debate.....what constitutes a sport or not?

Is golf a sport of a game?

AC777LR
2006-01-27, 03:34 AM
I would say golf is a Sport. I think something like bowling and Darts are games, not really sports. Same with Auto Racing.

T-Bird76
2006-01-27, 12:02 PM
I'd consider bowling a sport before golf. Have you ever seen some of these old ****s who play golf? They couldn't pick up a bowling if they used both hands. Now darts would be a sport if the target was a person, god that would be great. As for NASCAR driving around in circles 500 times doesn't constitute skill. You want to see some real driving skill take a gander in Midtown Manhattan, now that's a sport!

moose135
2006-01-27, 12:48 PM
As for NASCAR driving around in circles 500 times doesn't constitute skill. You want to see some real driving skill take a gander in Midtown Manhattan, now that's a sport!

Have you ever watched auto racing? I have, for over 35 years, and I work on a race team a couple of times a year at Pocono. These guys are athletes. Try this - Next July, put on a set of thermal underwear, gloves and hat, sit in your car with the windows closed and the heat on, and drive the LIE in rush hour traffic. Then think about doing that for 4 hours, at 4 times the speed, and about 4 inches from the car in front of you. Oh, and if you crash, you could die.

There's a hell of a lot more to auto racing than just driving around in circles. That's like saying an airline pilot is just a glorified bus driver.