PDA

View Full Version : What you want in an airline--need help!

RDU-JFK
2006-01-25, 08:58 PM
Hi all:

For my entrepreneurship class I am creating my own airline hubbed out of RDU. Yes, I know both AA and Midway tried this before and failed miserably, but I'm trying it again. Anyways I wanted some feedback from regular flyers on what you'd look for in an airline...something like Southwest, or Continental or United? Or a jetblue perhaps? Is there something that would attract you to such an airline that doesnt exist now? I'm just getting an idea of some things that people like and dislike about airlines, and if there is something that I can put into mine that would be appealing.

Also, what routes do you think would be most profitable that don't already exist?

Thanks for the help in advance! Feel free to message me with additional information you'd like to share. I'm quite excited about this.

PhilDernerJr
2006-01-25, 09:27 PM
I would just like a comfortable seat and friendly service. A FAIR price. That's all. Keeping it simple.

Derf
2006-01-25, 09:58 PM
Anyways I wanted some feedback from regular flyers on what you'd look for in an airline....

http://www.tokyotimes.org/archives/flight_attendant.jpg

RDU-JFK
2006-01-26, 12:31 AM
hahaha, I wish, Derf...

So would you guys be in favor of Southwest-style seating (and passengers) for a lower price or pay a bit more for an assigned seat, etc...?

T-Bird76
2006-01-26, 12:59 AM
Well speaking from a business traveler’s perspective and one who just basically spent the last three days living in airports and on planes I'd say the following

Frequency- I want to get to there when I need to be there and not hours before and certainly not after.

Low fares- It’s that simple, I don't want to be taken advantage of simple because traveling is part of my job. I want a fair price that anyone would be willing to pay.

Big planes- One of the reasons I fly WN is the 737s and no RJs. Sitting on an RJ for more then an hour doesn't do it for me.

Customer service- Let me hear it in your voice you want to help me and your happy to have me as a customer.

Comfortable seats- I just flew ATA this weekend and by far they have the best coach seats domestically. If I have to sit for a few hours give my back a rest. I'd spend a couple extra bucks knowing I'm getting a comfortable seat.

FFP- Give me a frequent flyer program that is simple and offers me lots of choices when it comes to earning points with partner hotels and rental car companies.

Promotions- Make it enticing for me to fly your airline i.e. bonus points, real sales, member only sales, etc.

I'd probably gauge my airline to be somewhat like WN. The nay Sayers can rant up and down about WN but they have a model that works. Their prices are great, they offer lots of frequency, Rapid Rewards is easy as hell and offers me loads of travel partners to choice from, and I can earn double and triple points left and right for travel. The other thing to remember, delivery what you promise.