PDA

View Full Version : good eats ear hte Cradle of Aviation

mirrodie
2006-01-23, 07:42 PM
First off, to flyin colors, the cradle of aviation is in Garden City.

hving said that, what is very close to cradle that is good for eats?

besides ruth Chris and closer than ruth chris?

T-Bird76
2006-01-25, 05:02 PM
Mario, Ruth Chris is nothing more then over priced dog food!! Outback makes a better steak. If you want a good steak its either Shulars or The Palm, nothing comes close. However Ruth Chris really isn't that far, Old Country Rd. is about 5 mins from the Cradle of Aviation. That being said you have tons of good eats along Old Country Rd in Garden City. Closer however the only place I can think of is Hooters, which isn't all that bad, good wings on boobs!

Matt Molnar
2006-01-25, 10:33 PM
Shiro on Old Country Road if you're down for some higher-end hibachi action.

NIKV69
2006-01-26, 04:17 AM
Best steak in the world is Rothman's. Route 106 and 25A. Pricey but it doesn't get much better. Not too far from GC. In GC you can go to BK Sweeney's (next to the post office) But I am not a fan, decent food at best.

AA 777
2006-01-26, 06:08 PM
Mario, Ruth Chris is nothing more then over priced dog food!! Outback makes a better steak.

Tommy please tell me your kidding! While Ruth Chris isnt the best (and ill agree with that) the Outback doesnt even come close!

As for restaurants near Garden City I'd try Cafe Baci on Old Country Road and Merrick Ave in Westbury - Great Italian food, I HIGHLY suggest it.

-Matt

T-Bird76
2006-01-26, 07:15 PM
[quote="T-Bird76":a9ddb]Mario, Ruth Chris is nothing more then over priced dog food!! Outback makes a better steak.

Tommy please tell me your kidding! While Ruth Chris isnt the best (and ill agree with that) the Outback doesnt even come close!

As for restaurants near Garden City I'd try Cafe Baci on Old Country Road and Merrick Ave in Westbury - Great Italian food, I HIGHLY suggest it.

-Matt[/quote:a9ddb]

No I'm not kidding Ruth Chris is terrible, dollar for dollar Out Back is better and even they Out Back isn't so hot. I think Out Back uses a pound of salt for each steak they make. Really though Ruth Chris isn't that good, I've taken home better cuts of meat from my local butcher. The Palm in East Hampton is simple the best hands down.