PDA

View Full Version : Your aviaton pet peeves/stories

RDU-JFK
2006-01-20, 01:29 PM
Hi all:

I think it's time for a thread where we can vent about what ticks us off about flying. Here are a few of mine:

-People who carry on huge, roll-aboard bags that should be checked
-Babies on planes
-When the guy sitting behind you gets up every 10 minutes, grabbing the back of your seat for leverage
-Slow people putting luggage in the overhead bins during boarding

I have more, but I want to her some of yours. I also want to hear some of your stories of frustration!

I'll give one...
On a US Airways flight to RDU from LGA, I was in seat 3A, sat down after boarding, and tried to fall asleep. A woman boarded with rollaboard in one hand, duffel in the other one. The FA told her that the bag wouldn't fit but she insisted on trying. She was in seat 3D. When the bag wouldn't fit, she turns around, nailing me in the chest with her duffel bag, and doesn't even apologize. I said, excuse me, please be careful. She gave me the look of death. Not only did this slow the boarding process, it hurt me!

I'm looking forward to some of your stories. (They can be anything from check-in to boarding to baggage claim)

Matt

T-Bird76
2006-01-20, 01:58 PM
My biggest pet peeve is people who put there carryon's in your overhead then proceed to walk to the back of the plane.

Then we have the *******s that don't know the routine and decided to hold up the boarding line by taking everything out of their carryon before take-off.

Oh then we have the morons who in the next row ahead who know the person sitting in your row and decide to hang over their seat which happens to be directly in front of you and talk for hours on end.

Gotta love this one! The Mr. T wanna bees with the all their "bling bling" going through security. How many times does the TSA yell out please remove all metal objects and place them on the belt? No these brain trusts walk on through with enough metal to on them to overload the machine. Gotta love getting stuck behind these *******s.

People arguing with the FAs, these are the best ones! All of a sudden Al from Podunk knows what will fit in the overhead and what won't and argues with the FA that "I always fit it".

People who talk to you! Why is it that even as I have my earphones in these people have to tell me about their lesbian daughter? I don't give a rat’s ass about you, where you’re going, or that your off spring like to whip on a strap on.

Next week I'll be flying six legs and I'm sure I'll have an entire list to provide you.

eric8669
2006-01-20, 02:42 PM
Here is one for you,

You know how you board by Zone or Rows on most Airlines, Well when the boarding process begins the gate agent will start off by saying Zone 1 may board only Zone 1 at this Time, however everyone gets on line and tries to get on the plane. Don't they know that the boarding process will proceed much faster if everything is done in a Certain order.

On my last trip to L.A. I flew out on Song at JFK, The Gate Agent tried to get people to follow the Zone Boarding. After several passengers tried to board before there zone was called the Gate Agent just gave up. She just yelled "Everybody can board, its not my fault if your flight is delayed"

Eric

KLM777
2006-01-20, 04:13 PM
People who hold up the flight because of their poor planning to arrive at the airport early.
I remeber last year my brother and I were flying alone from Istanbul(IST)- New York(JFK) on tk's A340. We had showed up early enough so that we could check in, and go through passport control... anyways while waiting on the passport line a family of 5 people coming cutting in front of everyone saying that they must go through first because their flight to Chicago(ORD) was leaving in 20 mins----what's funny was, noone let them cut the line so they had to wait, unfortunately they held up the flight for 230+ pax, and were still allowed onboard.

Wat I don't get is you know your going on a trip, but yet you can't arrive early? :roll:

cancidas
2006-01-20, 05:46 PM
when people try to demand F class seats wearing torn t-shirts and sweats hanging down to thier ankles.

when people think they're cool by talking to the person next to them and bashing the carrier that they're flying.

when people think they're cool by talking to the person next to them and trying to impress them with the very limited amount of aviation lingo they know that was picked up from CNN or 'airplane'.

when the people sitting next to you try to force you into conversation about what they do.

there is probably more i just can't think of it right now. most likely ill remember on mondya night.

lijk604
2006-01-21, 06:04 PM
my favorite is the person who is sitting in Row 28, but stops at row 4, row 5, row 6 etc to see if somehow the airline changed how numbers count up. Holds EVERYONE up! Grrrrrrr.