PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada Brings the Silver Bullet to LGA !

LGA777
2006-01-18, 09:32 PM
Due to today's bad weather I noticed not long after getting to work that Air Canada had cancelled most of their YYZ-LGA fligjhts up to mid afternoon so I said to myself we are going to see a 76 tonight. A few hours later I saw the 767 equipment designator appear in the flifo in Sabre for AC 720, the 1715 YYZ-LGA departure. As expected with the single runway operation she was late and I watched her cruise across Long Island down to a beautiful touchdown on 31 right in front of our Tower, even though it was dark it was immediately evident that for perhaps the first time, the Air Canada Silver Bullet had come to town !

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5656048

She currently sits on Gate A7 preparing for a quick turn back to YYZ !

Cheers

LGA777

SengaB
2006-01-18, 10:25 PM
Wow that would have been a really nice catch!
I wish they would paint the whole fleet like that :)

Senga

PhilDernerJr
2006-01-19, 07:32 AM
Wow, that is a great catch. Amazing.

cancidas
2006-01-19, 08:04 PM
Wow that would have been a really nice catch!
I wish they would paint the whole fleet like that

you mean NOT paint the fleet...

AC777LR
2006-01-20, 05:31 PM
This is just a test on the 767s, if it is successful then you will see the entire 767 Fleet done like this. AC said the Airbus can not be buffed like the Boeing because of the plastic lol.

FlyingColors
2006-01-20, 06:42 PM
I luv it!

cancidas
2006-01-20, 07:03 PM
AC said the Airbus can not be buffed like the Boeing because of the plastic lol.

didn't AA have this problem with the A300s? i remember hearing something about the metal being specially treated in some way to facilitate being buffed.

i've got to add that that combination of the polished metal and light colored tail really look pretty ugly. would have been better with the dark tail IMO.

Mateo
2006-01-20, 08:58 PM
Senga, you should see the vitriol posted on the Montreal board after this was rolled out. Two languages weren't enough to contain the hate! In any case, AC said about a week after the debut that the rest of the fleet would keep its paint, so this one is just a once-off.

Matt Molnar
2006-01-21, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't mind it if the metal were flawless like AA, but that thing looks like it was just sanded by hand. Really ugly.

AC777LR
2006-01-21, 08:32 PM
AC said the Airbus can not be buffed like the Boeing because of the plastic lol.

didn't AA have this problem with the A300s? i remember hearing something about the metal being specially treated in some way to facilitate being buffed.

i've got to add that that combination of the polished metal and light colored tail really look pretty ugly. would have been better with the dark tail IMO.

Yeah AA did have that problem, however AC doesnt want to invest money in that livery, just strip it down and get the weight off the plane for fuel saving cost. Its dollar and cetns for now.

AC777LR
2006-01-21, 08:35 PM
Senga, you should see the vitriol posted on the Montreal board after this was rolled out. Two languages weren't enough to contain the hate! In any case, AC said about a week after the debut that the rest of the fleet would keep its paint, so this one is just a once-off.

AC means that the Rest of the Fleet (Airbus A330/340/32X EMJ and CRJ) will be kept in the new AC Livery, ie the Tooth paste one. If this test passes with the Silver livery, it will be standard on Boeing767 Heavy fleet only.