PDA

View Full Version : Air Gumbo

T-Bird76
2006-01-16, 11:51 AM
Just when I thought I saw everything strange in this industry I came across Air Gumbo. Yes its a real airline, well sort of.... They're a corporation and they have filed petitions with the D.O.T and F.A.A to begin service. What's even funnier is they filed a petition protesting Virgin America's start-up. Check out their web-page, I think their server is a 486 or slower, lol Try not to laugh

http://www.airgumbo.com/index.html

Alex T
2006-01-16, 11:55 AM
Sounds like Indy Air, CRJ for domestic, 737 for intl similair to Indy.

Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Midnight Mike
2006-01-16, 12:05 PM
I heard about Air Gumbo about a year ago, nice to see that they are still making an effort for departure. RJ's for domestic & 737's for international, interesting business plan, that is a change from their last business plan, they must have found out that they can get a RJ for just about nothing.

Tom_Turner
2006-01-16, 12:19 PM
<<The planes would be painted so the foward part of the aircraft is a pale blue and the back looks like a bowl of gumbo, including a giant red crawfish, onions, sausage and red peppers. The airline would be a lowfare, low-cost and no-frills service that would first serve Louisiana cities and Houston, then branch out to the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America, Champagnie said. "I feel that we will be up and running by the end of the year," said Champagnie, a native of Jamaica who has lived in Lafayette for 20 years. The plans call for up to 1,000 employees by the year of operation, with most of the workers in New Orleans.>>