PDA

View Full Version : For Tommy, here's a pic. is this Term 6? The old TWA???

mirrodie
2006-01-12, 03:13 PM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e125/mirrodie/IMG_5493.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e125/mirrodie/IMG_5503.jpg

I finally got around to uploading these. Can send you the larger image if you like. taken with different cameras.

moose135
2006-01-12, 03:23 PM
That's Terminal 5, the original TWA building. Sure brings back lots of memories. I'm glad the old TWA sign remains out front.

T6 is to its left (as you are facing the front of it) which used to house National Airlines, later TWA domestic, and now Jet Blue.

T-Bird76
2006-01-12, 03:27 PM
Thanks Mario! Awesome Perspective. I can't tell you what I'd do to get inside of that terminal. I still would love to know what jetBlue plans on doing with the landside building. I know they did mention they were planning on putting Kiosks in there for people who would like to check in there. Oh btw its T5 not T6 :wink: How I miss flying TWA.

Alex T
2006-01-12, 06:18 PM
Wow, I am so sad I never got to fly into JFK on TWA. It doesnt feel right to fly into JFK unless its on TWA. I sure I saw it in the old TWA days. Hopefully jetblue will give us the opportunity of that by flying STL-JFK in the near future.

Alex

bluejuice
2006-01-13, 12:18 PM
I took a bunch of pictures at the "official ground breaking " inside term 5. Also some neat 3-d models of the new JFK Jetblue term...Ill post them if someone tells me how???

bluejuice
2006-01-14, 08:57 PM
If you could get behind term 5 the spider looking part of the terminal, where all the gates are, is now almost totally demolished. They are going to stop demolition at the two tubes from the main terminal. Time frame for a temp terminal at 5 is looking like May for completion. The setup will be similiar to LGB but with jetbridges and 7 gates. The exact design has changed a couple of times with reguards to how the passengers will transverse between 5 and 6 and how baggage will be handled. So DONT ask questions cause it will change

DHG750R
2006-02-03, 07:03 AM
Brings back fond memories of my 5 years or so working there , for all it's quirks , I miss it.