PDA

View Full Version : DL Connection JFK-PHL

RDU-JFK
2006-01-11, 12:32 AM
When did DL cut JFK-PHL and why? I know this flight was purely for European traffic originating in PHL. How long did the flight exist?

Also, I noticed DL cut a lot of other cities from JFK, like GSO and PNS. Did they replace these flights with any others, or are they planning expansion feeder flights?

Thanks in advance.

T-Bird76
2006-01-11, 10:43 AM
DAL in general has cut domestic flights in favor or more international traffic I'm sure these cuts were part of that new model. Sorry don't know specifics though.

USAF Pilot 07
2006-01-11, 10:11 PM
Somewhat off-topic, but US Airways still operates LGA-PHL with several flights daily (i believe they are all still on the Dash8)...

I'm guessing DL cut this flight because the loads weren't that great, or they weren't making enough money off it from the whole ticket (meaning Europe to PHL)...

jfklganyc
2006-01-12, 12:22 PM
The flight operated for a while with a 767-300 back in the late 90s. Then it went away and came back with the DoJet on ACA. Then it went away after 9/11 and came back on Comair.

DL cut back a lot of the Comair flying in general out of JFK and CVG as they are shrinking that subsidiary and giving flying out to cheaper regionals. That was behind a lot of the cutbacks at JFK.