PDA

View Full Version : bizjet fest...

Tom_Turner
2006-01-10, 09:31 PM
Check out the images in this thread.... an insane number of bizjets at Burbank...

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/ge ... n/2541873/ (http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/2541873/)

Senga..quick.. find the Jetstar! :wink:

cancidas
2006-01-10, 10:58 PM
it's like where's waldo....

(i bet senga will get about a foot closer to the monitor when he reads that...)

Tom_Turner
2006-01-10, 11:46 PM
it's like where's waldo....

(i bet senga will get about a foot closer to the monitor when he reads that...)

The clones have entered the complex. at least 100. Its like NASA. Each one front of its own monitor... searching searching... on the screens.. google earth, ACARS, Flytecomm, Red1... :shock:

Matt Molnar
2006-01-11, 01:21 AM
And we're supposed to believe the economy is on the verge of collapse.

T-Bird76
2006-01-11, 10:40 AM
Wow Tom that is wild. Where does Burbank stand in terms of bizjet traffic? I heard that IAD was the busiest airport in the nation for bizjet traffic then Teterboro, don't remember who was third. I don't ever recall seeing that many bizjets at IAD ever.

Midnight Mike
2006-01-11, 02:21 PM
Kona Hawaii attracts a lot of Corporate Aircraft, here is something taken out of the Hawaiian paper on 29-December.

'The annual pilgrimage to Kona'

by Carolyn Lucas

From Christmas to New Year's, Kona International Airport is a busy gateway for the rich and famous, as evidenced by 51 private jets parked on the airfield Wednesday.

"It's the annual pilgrimage to Kona," said Chauncey Wong Yuen, Hawaii airports district manager for the state Department of Transportation. "It's sort of overwhelming, especially if you think about the sheer magnitude of money walking onto the coast."

It is difficult to deterime who owns or charters the planes because the aircraft is often listed as a personal air travel services organization, such as Tag Aviation and Vulcan Flight Operations, which the Seattle Mariners baseball team has used.

However, one jet was registered to ETrade Financial.

Wong Yuen suspects most of the planes' occupants own homes on the Big Island. He mentioned the luxury residential communities at Kukio, The Fairmont Orchid and Hualalai at Historic Kaupulehu.

To land at the airport, the well-to-do from overseas must pay a fee of $2.98 per 1,000 pounds while those traveling inter-island pay 95 cents per 1,000 pounds.

Parking fees differ based on the size of the private aircraft as well as the amount of time spent parked. For instance, an aircraft weighing 12,500 pounds or less, will bring in $4 per day, $19 per week and $38 per month.

Fees are low to keep airline tickets reasonable, to act as incentives to set up additional routes and to attract visitors, Wong Yuen said.

Once the jets are parked, the state does not provide any frills or further service. The VIP treatment is from Bradley Pacific Aviation and Air Service Hawaii.

Occasionally, Wong Yuen has watched these companies roll out a red carpet and give leis to the passengers aboard. But he insisted that most of them "don't want to be bothered" and prefer "being treated like everybody else."

Wong Yuen has heard only one request from private plane owners: Hangars.

"The salt air doesn't do good to those planes," he said.

Hangars -- a parking garage for a plane -- are not a high priority for the state. Still, Wong Yuen said hangars could "possibly" be built if the owners took the initiative and provided the funds.

"Once they are attuned to Kona and its issues, I am confident that they will want to take part in the community," Wong Yuen said. "Already many have started networking with the locals and formed good friendships."

Source: West Hawaii Today

lijk604
2006-01-11, 04:54 PM
VNY (Van Nuys) & TEB (Teterboro) vie daily for the heaviest biz-jet traffic on a normal basis.

Special events (like the Rose Bowl, Daytona 500, Indy 500 etc) will skew those numbers. Matter of fact, we had an aircraft do a pickup in South Bend, Indiana in November on a Saturday. Normally not an issue, you're in and you're out. But a Saturday in November in South Bend equals Notre Dame Football. When the crew got their passengers they were number 75 in line for takeoff at 1030pm! Took them over an hour to go airborne...and there were plenty of aircraft who did not have their pax yet.

John
Patchogue, NY

Mateo
2006-01-11, 07:40 PM
IAD on a normal weekday (no special events) can see 100+ on the ground simultaneously, and 200+ biz movements over the span of the day. Inauguration weekend looked a bit like the picture of Burbank, but imagine it on the scale of an airport the size of IAD! I don't know why Kona was flipping its lid over 51 biz - the big weekend destinations on the mainland go well over that on an in-season weekend, places like ACK (summer) and ASE/EGE/JAC (winter).

Midnight Mike
2006-01-11, 08:23 PM
IAD on a normal weekday (no special events) can see 100+ on the ground simultaneously, and 200+ biz movements over the span of the day. Inauguration weekend looked a bit like the picture of Burbank, but imagine it on the scale of an airport the size of IAD! I don't know why Kona was flipping its lid over 51 biz - the big weekend destinations on the mainland go well over that on an in-season weekend, places like ACK (summer) and ASE/EGE/JAC (winter).

Kona is not a big airport, or for that matter, the big island of Hawaii is very tiny when compared to California......