PDA

View Full Version : so who here actually works in aviation?

turpentyine
2006-01-04, 12:53 AM
and what do u do?
i work for the tsa.

jakbar
2006-01-04, 01:07 AM
Unfortunately, I don't work in aviation. I have an office at a law firm in a high-rise building in Midtown Manhattan.

Turpentyine, do you work at a NYC airport?

Welcome to the forums, by the way!

Josh

turpentyine
2006-01-04, 01:11 AM
thnx
yup work at jfk

Mike Flyte
2006-01-04, 01:25 AM
I am new on here but must say that this is a very informative site....I was a pilot with a regional airline until 9/11. I lost my job after the cutbacks and now am a professional wrestler. My stage name is Mike Flyte.
Please feel free to log onto my website at http://www.mikeflyte.com

Regards,
Mike

Midnight Mike
2006-01-04, 01:30 AM
I work for Alteon/Boeing out of California.

In charge of training/scheduling for crews and the simulators that the airlines lease time on.

New Yorker, that escaped from the New York cold winters, used to work for Goldman Sachs, Cantor Fitzgerald (World Trade Center Days), Nippon Cargo Airlines, & SBS International on Park Avenue.

turpentyine
2006-01-04, 01:33 AM
I work for Alteon/Boeing out of California.

In charge of training/scheduling for crews and the simulators that the airlines lease time on.

New Yorker, that escaped from the New York cold winters, used to work for Goldman Sachs, Cantor Fitzgerald (World Trade Center Days), Nippon Cargo Airlines, & SBS International on Park Avenue.

what u do at nippon?

Midnight Mike
2006-01-04, 01:37 AM
what u do at nippon?

Supervisor of Crew Planning & Scheduling for the New York based flight crews. We had crews on Lease from TWA, Parc Aviation, & Nordstress Aviation.

Jonesbeach
2006-01-04, 08:56 AM
I am sorta of in aviation. I work in construction building the new American Airlines Terminal at JFK. Being an aviation fanatic, I couldn't ask for a better place to work.

jakbar
2006-01-04, 10:56 AM
I am new on here but must say that this is a very informative site....I was a pilot with a regional airline until 9/11. I lost my job after the cutbacks and now am a professional wrestler. My stage name is Mike Flyte.
Please feel free to log onto my website at http://www.mikeflyte.com

Regards,
Mike

Sorry to hear about your pilot job, but it looks like you're having a hell of a lot of fun now! Your website is great! I'd love to hear more about how you got into wrestling, what it's like, etc.

Take care.

Josh

Mike Flyte
2006-01-04, 01:02 PM
HEY JOSH,
I WAS ALWAYS INTRIGUED BY THE WRESTLING BUSINESS....A BUDDY GOT ME A TRY-OUT FOR A LOCAL INDEPENDENT WRESTLING COMPANY...I STILL FLY P/T FOR A CARGO COMPANY OUT OF PHILLY. THE NEXT STEP IS GOING TO THE WWE WITH A FULL CONTRACT....THANKS AGAIN FOR THE WELL WISHES,

YOUR BUD,
MIKE FLYTE

727C47
2006-01-15, 09:40 AM
fly 727s for love and money, C-47s and Champs for love, grew up under the flightpaths of JFK,LGA,EWR, based at DTW. I cherish my EWR, and JFK layovers.

K9DEP
2006-01-15, 02:06 PM
I am going to shadow at KFRG's tower next month(like an internship,((and I'm not even out of high school yet)))

cancidas
2006-01-15, 06:39 PM
fleet service supervisor at LGA.

forgot to add... i'm a jack of all trades there. i specialize in deicing operations and day-to-day ramp ops but i'm also sometimes responsible for the bagroom and catering.

selcalcheckok
2006-01-16, 04:45 PM
newbie here......

Radio Operator at New York Radio ( ARINC )

cancidas
2006-01-17, 10:03 AM
selcalcheckok, what riddle campus did you attend? while not alumnus, i did attend the KPRC campus for a few years.

selcalcheckok
2006-01-17, 12:06 PM
i actually was at daytona

INTENSS
2006-01-19, 07:42 AM
In ops control for World in Atlanta.

Attended ERAU DB 96-02.

-Rich

Midnight Mike
2006-01-19, 09:51 AM

Attended ERAU DB 96-02.

-Rich

Do you know any of the World Dispatchers?

INTENSS
2006-01-19, 05:44 PM

Attended ERAU DB 96-02.

-Rich

Pretty much all of them, they sit right behind me. :D

-Rich

Midnight Mike
2006-01-19, 06:39 PM

Pretty much all of them, they sit right behind me. :D

-Rich

Oh cool! Tell Tom Shoemaker & Jerry Johnson that Midnight Mike said hello! I am not sure if Kevin Milan still works at World???

INTENSS
2006-01-20, 01:06 AM
Oh cool! Tell Tom Shoemaker & Jerry Johnson that Midnight Mike said hello! I am not sure if Kevin Milan still works at World???

Saw Tom tonight, too bad I read this after he had already left. Kevin is still here, and Jerry moved out of Dispatch to become the Director of Crew Resources.

Did you work at Polar?

-Rich

Midnight Mike
2006-01-20, 01:27 AM

Saw Tom tonight, too bad I read this after he had already left. Kevin is still here, and Jerry moved out of Dispatch to become the Director of Crew Resources.

Did you work at Polar?

-Rich

Yep, I worked at Polar for about 5 years, I sent you a PM, so as not to bore everybody. If you want to see Jerry, Tom, & Kevin freak out, tell them that you heard that Lyn Stouffer is joing World Airways!

Mike

lijk604
2006-01-21, 06:13 PM
Work @ FRG. Business Jet Charter company. Been there 2 1/2 years now, after being at JFK - UAL for 17years. Nice view of Runway 1/19 out my window.

John
Patchogue, NY

jfklganyc
2006-01-23, 01:01 PM
I'm a LGA-based pilot on the ERJ . . . I know it's an ugly little thing but it pays the bills. :)

I also grew up under the flight paths for JFK and LGA and spent many days at the end of runway 4 with 'Selcalcheckok' and a scanner.

But that was nothing compared to our parties at Riddle . . . hey CK?

PJ