PDA

View Full Version : Mineta & North Pole's Kris Kringle Sign Open Skies Agree

Tom_Turner
2005-12-24, 02:00 AM
U.S. Secretary of Transportation Norman Y. Mineta and North Pole's Kris Kringle Sign Open Skies Agreement

WASHINGTON, Dec. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for Christmas, Secretary of Transportation Norman Y. Mineta and the North Pole's Kris Kringle, a.k.a. Santa Claus, signed an Open Skies aviation agreement in Washington, D.C. today, giving Santa and his team of reindeer greater access to the rooftops of good kids everywhere.

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20051221/DCW033 )

For years, Santa had been required to make an annual request to the Secretary of Transportation for a special flight certificate in order to deliver his Christmas goodies. With this new agreement, it will be easier for Santa to finish his job all in one night.

"Santa can now focus on making his list and checking it twice, without the hassle of government paperwork," said Secretary Mineta. "Thanks to this agreement, the only time he needs to worry about Red Tape is if he wants to use it to wrap presents."

The Open Skies agreement signed by Secretary Mineta and Santa Claus noted Santa's safe and efficient toy delivery operation that enables him to bring joy to millions of children in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and all U.S. territories, all without impact to air traffic carrying travelers to their holiday destinations.

"Now it's just HO HO HO and off I go," exclaimed the Jolly Old Elf. "The reindeer and I look forward to checking this item off of our list for good," he said.

Mineta said the decision was helped by a flood of public comments offered by Santa advocates from all over the nation. Thousands of letters were sent to the Department of Transportation and to the North Pole encouraging each party to complete these important negotiations before Santa's yearly trip, he said.

"Santa's Elves are tough negotiators," Mineta noted. "But, in the end, we were able to arrive at an agreement that will benefit children of all ages."

SOURCE U.S. Department of Transportation

12/21/2005 12:51 ET

T-Bird76
2005-12-24, 09:34 AM
I heard Congress tried to attached a rider to this bill allowing more money for the perverted arts. Ted Kennedy was the one pushing for the rider :twisted: :lol: :twisted: