PDA

View Full Version : New JFK Jet Blue Terminal Renderings

Nycfly75
2005-12-13, 11:23 PM
You can go here:

http://www.gensler.com/practices/airpor ... tblue.html (http://www.gensler.com/practices/airports_transits/jetblue.html)

My uncle's company may be bidding the electrical work for the new terminal, I will see if I can get my hands on any more sketches or info.

I wonder what will happen to T6? According to construction info, Jetblue will abandon T6.

cancidas
2005-12-14, 12:07 AM
http://www.gensler.com/practices/airports_transits/images/jetblue02.jpg

think they could fit more airplanes if they had concourses jutting out (well virtically in this pic) instead of the just the straight (side to side in this pic) terminal... to be honest, it looks like a bit of a waste of ramp space, but that's jut my $0,02.

now, my question is are the gates going to be set up to accept both the EMB-190 and A320 or are they going to have specific gates for each? i don't know the difference in the wingspan offhand but it can't be that much. the jetway heights aren't that different either.

T-Bird76
2005-12-14, 12:16 AM
Its going to be great to see T5 back in action again! Once again she'll be serving a New York based airline like she did in the past! I love when history lives on!

Alex T
2005-12-14, 02:30 AM
Its going to be great to see T5 back in action again! Once again she'll be serving a New York based airline like she did in the past! I love when history lives on!

agreed, sure wish it was with TWA however :(.

I never flew into JFK on TWA, I sure wish I had. Hopefully Jetbleu will give me the chance to do that.

Alex

Ari707
2005-12-14, 11:28 AM
I got to fly TW to LHR in '91. L1011 both way but on the trip home the used to use a 1011 from Gulf Air, with TW crew.

bluejuice
2005-12-15, 09:36 AM
I have pictures I took at the groundbreaking for T5 if someone could tell me how to upload them to the website.... :)

K9DEP
2005-12-15, 07:46 PM
I wonder what they are going to do to that old TWA no 90degreed arch type building thing b/c they can't knock it down . . .will they paint it?

Tower Air
2005-12-15, 10:08 PM
I wonder what they are going to do to that old TWA no 90degreed arch type building thing b/c they can't knock it down
Cause it has landmark status

jfklganyc
2006-01-12, 12:44 PM
Will the TWA sign on the back of the landmarked building coem down, or will it stay as part of the 'landmark' charm?

I notice it's still up and lit every night.

T-Bird76
2006-01-12, 05:30 PM
Will the TWA sign on the back of the landmarked building coem down, or will it stay as part of the 'landmark' charm?

I notice it's still up and lit every night.

I guess that's to be seen... I'm not sure if jetBlue would like the TWA name staring at them or not. Perhaps they will replace it with a jetBlue sign, which I don't think would be that bad since jetBlue is a New York based airline, TWA was NY based airline for fifty years.

Jonesbeach
2006-01-12, 06:29 PM
I don't think they will keep the sign with TWA still on it. I believe the building was given landmark status because of the general design and the type of architecture, not because TWA was the owner. The building stands out as a major exmaple of that type of architecture. The fact that many people now know it as the TWA Terminal won't change the fact that it will be jetBlue's terminal.
Also, imagine you are from out of town and are looking for the jetBlue terminal, then you pull up to this fancy new terminal with a now defunct airline's name out front! It could get pretty confusing. It would be very nice if they paid homage to TWA and the fact that they were an early force in the industry, but I think it should be done in subtle ways. What if they superimposed jetBlue onto that sign and made the red stripes blue? I think that would be pretty subtle.

Just my two cents.