PDA

View Full Version : NYCAviation.com Holiday Party! - The Aftermath

PhilDernerJr
2005-12-13, 10:51 PM
Kinda last minute, but I thought it would be a great time for a holiday party for the whole gang to come on out for and have a great time. :)

Satruday, December 17.
Dave and Busters (formerly known as Jillians)
261 Airport Plaza Blvd Farmingdale NY 11735
(631) 249-0708
LIE route 110 south exit

I figure those travelling from the boroughs who want to go as a group can meet up in the movie theater parking lot in College Point PROMPTLY at 6:45pm which is at:

Multiplex Cinemas
Whitestone Expressway, Exit 14 - Linden Place
College Point, NY

We will meet on the Office Depot side of the parking lot. PM me for my cell phone for checking in.

There, we will then consolidate cars and carpool (some leaving cars behind if you'd like) and travelling out to Farmingdale.

We would meet up out there at about 7:30-8:00 to eat, and then enjoying the arcade and entertrainment center that they have, which includes a GREAT airliner game.

$20 is good enough for a full night of video game action.

Anyone who wants to meet us there is of course welcome to do so.

SOME DETAILS MAY CHANGE! Stay tuned here!!!

RSVP here and PM me for my cell phone number to help coordinate in case of anything. You'll need my cell phone to meet up in the parking lot.

Bring your families if you want! It's a GREAT time!

I really hope you all can come. Before this was posted we already had 6 peopel committed.

See you there!!!!

EDIT ONE: Let me know how many people you are bringing so I can make accurate table reservations!!

T-Bird76
2005-12-13, 10:58 PM
Sounds like fun, just keep Nick away from the girls, lol

yaas
2005-12-13, 10:59 PM
count me in.

ps- i will be kicking everyone's butt in every game. just a warning :D

moose135
2005-12-13, 11:02 PM
Before this was posted we already had 6 people committed.

I think we have a lot more here who need to be committed :D

Sounds like a good time - I think I should be able to be there, obviously I'll be joining you there rather than meeting in Queens.

Haven't been there since it became Dave & Busters, but have spent lots of time there when it was Jillians - a good time for sure.

NIKV69
2005-12-13, 11:03 PM
Count me in, I just hope Phil doesn't pass out and sleep on the floor like he did in BOS. He looked like a homeless person. I will bring a cardboard box for him to sleep on. Someone tell Fred now we are not going to FRG to take pictures!

PhilDernerJr
2005-12-13, 11:06 PM
For maps if anyone needs them:

Here is Dave and Busters:

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?name= ... -tab-lcl-t (http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?name=Jillian%27s&desc=%28631%29+249-0708&csz=Farmingdale+NY+11735&qty=9&cs=10&ds=n&ed=c2MpNq160SxQ5XehYjKqgXdLBpBZapkjqZbojbwvtIWXOxh 6Rn5w9cIKfcVAXMk.HUM4Bdwy.lHZLD7zwg--&fr=FP-tab-lcl-t)

And here is the movie theater muster point:

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?name= ... -tab-lcl-t (http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?name=College+Point+Multiplex+Cinema&desc=%28718%29+886-4900&csz=Flushing+NY+11354&qty=9&cs=10&ds=n&ed=cT5r8a160Szd8k_gTWI7TeLQ2s4_e7qzIDwnuSy7MMLHq3Q 63ngTt_8Hg2ofXNrZ0PEu2A--&fr=FP-tab-lcl-t)

SengaB
2005-12-13, 11:18 PM
I just commited msyelf to something on that day :( If I can make it I will be there. If not..I'll be there next time. Sounds like it will be alot of fun.
Senga

Art at ISP
2005-12-13, 11:22 PM
I will try to stop in at least to buy a round...I know we are committed for Friday night and Sunday all day--perhaps Saturday may work for an hour or so.

eric8669
2005-12-13, 11:59 PM
I will be there.

cancidas
2005-12-14, 12:01 AM
since i missed the last gathering i'll definately try to at least make an appearance this time. i would love to stay and hang out the entire night but i do have to work at 0500 sunday morning so we shall see.

mirrodie
2005-12-14, 04:37 PM
we'll try to make it!

hey, we're here on our last night in Prague, the weather is great, the girls are hot and the beer is cheap. Holiday partyy 2006 we should schedule here!

We are hoping to catch the flight back on Saturday. If the non-rev Gods allow it and we make one of the flights, I'll come by for a drink. If not, figure we're either in london an extra night or still on the plane!

So if I dont see you guys,

Merry Christmas
and
Happy Hanukah
and
Blessed Kwanzaa
and
Happy Holidays.

(that ought to piss off the PC gestapo ;))

lijk604
2005-12-14, 04:58 PM
Count me in as a probable. Just have to clear one item on the schedule.

John

Tower Air
2005-12-14, 06:16 PM
Man!!!
I wish i could come but i'm all the way in RSW land.

UrbanExplorer222
2005-12-14, 07:54 PM
Sorry cant make it :cry: plans already in stone for awhile..

PhilDernerJr
2005-12-15, 10:59 PM
So far we have 10 with 5 maybes.

Will anyone be bringing any guests? Don't be shy about bringing family or friends.

For those who are coming....who will be meeting us in the parking lot in College Point versus meeting us at Dave and Busters?

yaas
2005-12-16, 02:13 AM
i'll ask tax payer if she wants to come hehehe

Jonesbeach
2005-12-16, 03:49 PM
I have another party in the late afternoon that day. If it ends early enough, I'll try to make an appearance. Thanks for the car pool offer, but I'm in the area near Mario, so I'll meet you guys there.

lijk604
2005-12-16, 07:13 PM
I'm in! Will meet you at D & B in Farmingdale around 7:30ish.

Phil, PM me and I'll send you my cell#.

John

PilotCop
2005-12-17, 06:54 AM
Wish I could make it to meet everybody, but going to The New York Giants KC Chiefs football game which is a 5:00PM start. Maybe next time. Happy Holidays , GO GIANTS!!...

NIKV69
2005-12-17, 10:40 AM
Too bad Bob! Would have like to see you, i will look for you at FRG , hopefullly see you before I leave.

Phil,

I will meet you guys at D&B

Nycfly75
2005-12-17, 11:03 AM
Im going to be on Long Island, so i'll meet you guys in Farmingdale...i'll be there around 8-830. I may be a little late for dinner, but the important thing is to hang with all of you again.

Vin

Art at ISP
2005-12-17, 12:23 PM
So the question is if I manage to squeeze away for an hour, how do I find you guys?

jakbar
2005-12-17, 01:27 PM
We'll probably not be hard to find at Jillan's (Dave & Buster's), as there will be a group of at least 10 people. I will have a black Boeing 767 hat on, and a blue NYCAviation.com t-shirt. Phil is hard to miss....just look for the bulging biceps. For Brian, well...just look for the opposite of Phil. :)

If all else fails, call me on my cell -- 917-660-7871.

Josh

PhilDernerJr
2005-12-17, 02:18 PM
I also want to emphasize that this is open to ANYONE. You don't have to be "known" on the site to make an appearance. Everyone is welcome, and also welcome to bring friends and family.

Call with questions, updates, or to check in on how far out you are or when you arrive.

See you tonight!

yaas
2005-12-18, 04:22 AM
Thanks guys, I had a lot of fun tonight. :D

Unfortunately I got sick(kinda, just no barf yet) on the ride home. :(

AC777LR
2005-12-18, 05:33 AM
Eww dont puke my dear, drink lots of water and have a bottle beside your bed. Go to sleep and you will be fine.

Art at ISP
2005-12-18, 11:13 AM
My apologies to all--sorry I missed you last night. A family commitment ran long, and the wife had other plans for me while the kid was out :)

Happy Holidays all....I'll see y'all next time :)

Midnight Mike
2005-12-18, 11:55 AM
Eww dont puke my dear, drink lots of water and have a bottle beside your bed. Go to sleep and you will be fine.

Before going to sleep, drink lots of water & take Aleve or Tyenol before sleepy-time, even though it is tooo late now for that....

lijk604
2005-12-18, 12:20 PM
Hey Gang, wanted to say thanks for a great time last night and it was good to finally meet a bunch of ya. Hopefully I'll get out more next year starting in the spring, although if the one great day in winter comes along and I can make it, I'll be out there. Anyone know the status of the meet at the Cradle of Aviation Museum??? or did this party kinda take its place?

T-Bird76
2005-12-18, 12:50 PM
Last night was fun! My bowling game hit a new low. Man Brian even beat me a game. Awsome night!

mirrodie
2005-12-18, 01:32 PM
Great to say hello and wish you all a merry holiday

too bad we had plane issues, otherwise we'd have stayed a bit....once we landed at JFK, we had to wait 15 minutes for an aircraft to clear our gate...then the luggage took 50 (YES, FIFTY minutes, to come through. JFK was apparently understaffed and running behind.)

Too bad too, AA's flights were oversold, the flight and crew were great, but they dropped the product right at the end, waiting around an HOUR for luggage. Such a great flight then dropped off service at the end.

Well, like I said, we were knackered, so sorry Shosh and I couldnt chill.

Again, we send our best this holiday, guys.

jakbar
2005-12-18, 03:11 PM
Thanks guys, I had a lot of fun tonight. :D

Unfortunately I got sick(kinda, just no barf yet) on the ride home. :(

Sorry to hear. :( But I completely understand....the thought of Phil actually using on himself that dildo that he bought at Dave & Busters is enough to make anyone sick! :wink:

Futterman
2005-12-18, 04:15 PM
Sorry to hear. :( But I completely understand....the thought of Phil actually using on himself that dildo that he bought at Dave & Busters is enough to make anyone sick! :wink:

I don't think he was going to use that on himself...he just needed something to fit through the 'cockring'. :)

I really had a great time, too...Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everyone if we don't see eachother before '06!

cancidas
2005-12-18, 04:20 PM
wish i could have gone guys... between my stupid sister and her freind getting plastered at my parents house and the two-hour long convo with auris on the phone i had a decent night. wakin up this morning at 0330 sucked as usual but the shift at work was cake.... tommorow, the wife is takin care of the baby!

eric8669
2005-12-18, 05:16 PM
Had a great time last night, Lots of Fun.

Yaas feel better.

Eric

LGA777
2005-12-18, 07:22 PM
Sorry I missed everyone last night, it was my only night off this week and wifey had lots of other plans for me, sounded like a lot of fun. Happy Holidays to All !

Ron Peel

Nycfly75
2005-12-18, 09:42 PM
Had a great time too, sorry i didnt stay for bowling, I had a long day...good to see everyone again. Happy Holidays!

Vin

yaas
2005-12-19, 01:56 AM
I feel much better :D Thanks guys. Maybe it was the alcohol, I don't know. I'm blaming it on that candy appletini I had in the game room :?

here's a funny convo i had with my friend earlier:

Magnificent Moi (12:40:53 PM): i blowed last night!
Magnificent Moi (12:40:56 PM): 75!
Magnificent Moi (12:41:00 PM): :?
x AllModCons x (12:41:02 PM): rofl
x AllModCons x (12:41:06 PM): you blowed 75 guys
Magnificent Moi (12:41:06 PM): *bowled :oops:

Matt Molnar
2005-12-19, 02:17 AM
In a row?

Sorry I couldn't make it, glad you guys had a good time.

Being that this is an NYC board, we should try to do an NYC get together sometime. :)

NIKV69
2005-12-19, 04:13 PM
It was a great time, Phil was in rare form. I want to go Christmas shopping with him again in the ticket redemption store!

PhilDernerJr
2005-12-19, 08:10 PM
I was?

PhilDernerJr
2005-12-21, 08:01 PM
To add a few more highlights:

- I was the first to get to the Airliner game...and any slight wobble caused Josh to yell at me and get comments from people "What is this, a Southwest flight?"

- I was doing my usual gun game insanity, thinkin I was winning a lot of tickets. Last time, I won 400 tickets from it and though I was the ****. when. Then, I went over to see Matt Smith with an ARMFUL of tickets from some coin game. I lost my mind and joined him. By night's end, I had 5,400 tickets.

- Nick and I were playing another gun game (my gun was not properly calibrated, so I had to try to correct by shooting 10 inches to the left), and we dominated. Nick died and John joined in, laying down some sick firepower as well.

- Bowling was fun. I often forget about the pins and jsut try to throw theball as hard as I can.

- I went undefeated for the night in air hockey, especially KICKING TOMMY'S ASS REPEATEDLY.

I'd also like to add that Tommy got schooled in pool at the bar a few weeks ago, winning one game by default of an 8-ball error on my part. His ****-talking is now officially over. His ass has been handed onward.

That's right, I'm bringin the rivalry here, SON.

T-Bird76
2005-12-21, 10:36 PM
Yo bitch you forgot to mention the four games that I bent you over and made you sequel like a pig on the full size table.....! i ripped you apart on the full size like that phone book you destroyed. Anytime anywhere biaaatch!!! Bring it!

PhilDernerJr
2005-12-21, 11:05 PM
I hate when people make me sequel. lol

Let the record reflect that he won THREE games, not four, and that two of them were also defaults of my ****in up on the 8-ball (scratching, etc.).

Listen to your own words. I rip phone books. Phear me! :-p

Alex T
2005-12-22, 03:59 AM
Whats worse about Tommy making threats he cant do? Its when he mispsells it!! LOL :lol:

Sequel, holy crap thats hilarious.

Alex

NIKV69
2005-12-22, 04:10 AM
I missed the WN comment when Phil was flying but that is funny. All you needed was a 10 knot tail wind and a snow covered runway and you have been perfect.

Phil did win a ton of tix, tho he had to tilt one of the machines to win them, you do rip phone books Phil, I fear you!

PhilDernerJr
2005-12-22, 08:56 AM
Ok, I'd like to clarify this tilting thing.

I only got MAYBE 100 of my tickets from tilting. Not even close toa majority, as Josh will have you believe. 5,300 were fair adn square.

T-Bird76
2005-12-22, 10:23 AM
I hate when people make me sequel. lol

Let the record reflect that he won THREE games, not four, and that two of them were also defaults of my ****in up on the 8-ball (scratching, etc.).

Listen to your own words. I rip phone books. Phear me! :-p

Hey Hey watch it Mr. Spelling B champ!!! Spell check changed my word, lol Winning is winning Bitch and coming close doesn't count! If Tiger woods doesn't sink the ball he doesn't win! Just name the place and time and I'll beat your ass again on the full size. :lol:

jakbar
2005-12-22, 12:18 PM

I only got MAYBE 100 of my tickets from tilting. Not even close toa majority, as Josh will have you believe. 5,300 were fair adn square.

Who can really tell how much of it was due to your violent tilting of the machines... I mean, after you tilted the machine, the tickets just kept coming and coming and coming... I'd prefer to believe that were it not for your tilting you wouldn't have gotten anything more than 3 or 4 tickets. :)

T-Bird76
2005-12-22, 04:32 PM

Who can really tell how much of it was due to your violent tilting of the machines... I mean, after you tilted the machine, the tickets just kept coming and coming and coming... I'd prefer to believe that were it not for your tilting you wouldn't have gotten anything more than 3 or 4 tickets. :)

Well Josh it seems it paid off for Phil, I mean he did get a phone that farts.

NIKV69
2005-12-23, 09:51 PM
Josh is right, after Phil shook the machine I did notice tickeets coming out like crazy. It was good for Phil. he wanted to be the guy with the most tickets.

Futterman
2005-12-23, 11:55 PM
Stop busting Phil's chops...he wasn't tilting the machine. I'm sure it was just really bad "turbulence"...

And hey, I'm sure that if he keeps driving his pickup without a licence, he'll have ticket number 5,401 in no time!