PDA

View Full Version : first 777 ride and now Heathrow

mirrodie
2005-12-07, 05:28 AM
hey guys! greetings from sunny and cooll London. (padron muy hgher than usual typos as this keyboards is sl. different)

#

well, flew for the firsttime on an AA 777 last night and it was absolutely brillianT! WE sat just aft the wing, over the wheels. Takeoff was not as loud as I would have thought. Huge engines but not even as loud as 737 opn the inside.,

landing at LHR...well, it was a beautiful clear crisp evening.... as we hit the tarmac, the plane sashayed from left to right, a few times. nasty brosswind landing but think about it, if we were bouncing and swaying over the wheels, the rest of hte plane was really rocking!

a bit turbulent at times, one of hte luggage holds from the ceiling actually released.#

anywa,y we are staying with friends at a PUB!! upstairs at the Greenman pub and guys, the spotting here frrom the roof is insane! As the planes fly over they are roughly 5 senconds from touchdown. :)

well, more latrer! going to go and take more photos and see some shows!

NIKV69
2005-12-07, 08:31 AM
That is great Mario! The 777 is the only airliner I haven't flown yet. It is great that you are in a place where spotting is so friendly and not to be approached by someone and asked what the hell you are doing. Get some good shots! Enjoy your trip.

K9DEP
2005-12-07, 05:25 PM
Did you get the Captain's name? Because my Av Ops teacher's brother is an AA777 pilot and he fly's to Heathrow all the time. I'll give you his name if you PM me maybe you could ride jumpseat?

Iberia A340-600
2005-12-07, 09:02 PM
I have flown on the B777-200 7 times and have enjoyed it every time, even been to the cockpit inflight on KLMs B777-200 recently! The only complaint it that the cabin seems more drier then other aircraft.

Enjoy London and Spottin!

Iberia A340-600
2005-12-07, 09:03 PM
Did you get the Captain's name? Because my Av Ops teacher's brother is an AA777 pilot and he fly's to Heathrow all the time. I'll give you his name if you PM me maybe you could ride jumpseat?

Offer stand for everyone? :lol:

Mirrodie:

How did you find checking in at JFK and your duration between after checking in and the actual time of boarding for your flight? I might be going to London in March/April and American is one of my choices. I have checked in at Terminal 8 before when flying on Iberia but that was a different area then I think most of the American flight to Europe depart from.

K9DEP
2005-12-07, 09:34 PM
Hey Iberia A340-600 it's open . . . . .for those in London :lol:

mirrodie
2005-12-07, 09:47 PM
How did you find checking in at JFK and your duration between after checking in and the actual time of boarding for your flight

well, that doesnt apply to me, I was flying standby so I was just lucky to get any seat. although the flight was full, most, if not all the standbys got on and the process was smooth at JFK and boarding/disembarking was realtively quick and painless.

i think the capts name , first or last, was wayne or william or blayne or come part or combo of these. And they were an NY based crew....but he did have an accent, midwest.

And whoever he was, like i said, I never felt that feeling on a plane. We were sitting over the main wheel base and swerving on the centerline. That nose was swimming back and worth for 4 seconds easy. Wild landing, must have been cool to see on the outside.

this morning was just great. while higheels did her hair, I was on the roof of hte pub where we're staying and shooting with the 28-80 and 100-400. after 4 shots, I realized the 100-400 was overkill. think of this spot as PLANEVIEW, but for Heathrow, with a cellar full of ales2 floors below.

Took a photo of highheels in front of hte pub while a 747 came in. you'll see. its wicked!