PDA

View Full Version : Joe's Best Burger

PhilDernerJr
2005-11-26, 01:43 PM
Just feet away from the busy intersection of Main Street and Roosevelt Avenue in Flushing stands the newest in burger joints, Joe's Best Burger.

It was under construction for a while and finally had it's Grand Opening a couple weeks ago. Yaas and I had the pleasure of going there for our first taste.

The red and white color scheme, and the small menu (Single, Double and Triple burgers being the options) along with the numbered waiting system with benches instantly reminded me of In N' Out Burger in California.

One twist on the food is their option of either raw or grilled onions. The lady asked me my preference, and I didn't know of this option at this point. That, along with her accent, made me have no idea what she was saying, and all I said was "No onions," and I was unable to test out the onion options.

They had a big crew of people making the food, also reminiscent of In N Out. Another similarity was the French fries. They were freshly made fro freshly cut potatoes, except here, the cuts themselves were a lot thinner. This resulted in a lot of small broken pieces of fries that we just inedible unless I used a fork.

Another feature that I like are the big flatscreen (did society adopt "flat screen" as a single word, yet?) televisions on the walls. Some of the screens showing various cable TV shows (Food Network and Fox News if I recall correctly), along with some entertaining ads for the eatery. Those screens also showing a competition of burger racing to the end, allowing patrons a few seconds of betting to see whether or not the Single, Double or Triple burger wins. Anyone who knows the airplane race at Shea Stadium during Mets games knows the fun that can be had, and it's a clean alternative to pickle-races on the windows.

Another great feature is that Joe's Best Burger really takes pride in the freshness of their food. One of the television ads explains how they don't like freezers or microwaves and other signs of the typically processed food at their competitors. They make sure that you can taste the freshness, and you really can.

Overall, I enjoyed the place. I'd hate to continue to compare it to In N Out, but it's a smart idea to bring such a concept to New York City. Although it doesn't have sunny outdoor seating like it's Californian counterpart, La Guardia Airport arrivals do go overhead just like at In N Out's LAX location. It was refreshing to see a local place take on that more simple approach to fast food. I just wish the fries were cut a little thicker. I think it would make a world of difference.

I plan on going back to eat it again today.

yaas
2005-11-26, 05:45 PM
mmmmmmmmmm they were so good. soon it'll be:

[Scenario 1]
//Phil spots someone resembling Yaas walking through Joe's Best Burger, only she's wearing a blonde wig and sunglasses, but Phil recognizes that dimple from anywhere... he's no fool:
Phil: "Yaas... is that you?"
Yaas: "uuuhhh.... I uhh.... no... this is not Yaas"
Phil: "What the f*ck, why didn't you just tell me you were coming to flushing?"
Yaas: "mi no espeake ingles"
//Yaas awkwardly walks away with her food

or

[Scenario 2]
//Phil's cellphone rings
Phil: Hi
Yaas: "Hey butthead! I'm in the area, wanna hang?"
//Phil rolls his eyes
Phil: "Umm.. Yaas? You're "in the area" literally every day now. I'm getting a little sick of you now"
Yaas: "Oh... :( :cry: "
//Yaas cries.... after eating her Joe's Best Burger single combo

Alex T
2005-11-26, 11:29 PM
Yaas-

That is crazy!!! HAHAH Funny.

I wish we had somethng like that in the STL area. We used to, but they shut ti down for the runway expansion. Hoping to see something like that around here again!!

Alex

Hyder
2005-11-27, 12:18 AM
perfect scenario

Hyder: Hey Yaas
Yaas: Si?

Hyder: Butt Sechs?
Yaas: No

Hyder: Phil?
Phil: Im already naked....

yaas
2005-11-27, 05:22 AM
ahahaha

however, your scenario did not involve Joe's Best Burger ;)

Alex T
2005-11-27, 02:23 PM
ahahaha

however, your scenario did not involve Joe's Best Burger ;)

WHICH IS A MUST! ;) :lol:

Alex

Hyder
2005-11-28, 01:02 AM
Back on topic,

To me the best Boyga belongs to Georgia Diner or Peter Luger. But being a voracious eater of meat, i will try the Joe of Burger who make claim of bestest.

Matt Molnar
2005-11-28, 02:35 AM
That place was under construction for quite a long time...they best be the best!

yaas
2005-12-14, 10:03 PM
Down with Joe's!

PhilDernerJr
2005-12-14, 10:06 PM
Yaas and I ate there this evening. The past two times sucked.

I went with Tommy and Nick and they ****ed up our orders....twice.

Tonight, the meat was stil WAY pink and it jsut didn't taste good.

The ****ty fries have taken their toll......half the meal blows.

I think i've eaten my last Joe's burger. I say the place fails by March.

yaas
2005-12-14, 10:08 PM
our burgers were still mooin' like the cows on the flat screens!

Midnight Mike
2005-12-14, 10:46 PM
Yaas and I ate there this evening. The past two times sucked.

I went with Tommy and Nick and they ****ed up our orders....twice.

Tonight, the meat was stil WAY pink and it jsut didn't taste good.

The ****ty fries have taken their toll......half the meal blows.

I think i've eaten my last Joe's burger. I say the place fails by March.

That is nasty!

The best burger joint that I ate at, was in the Village, best damn burgers & steak fries, YUMMMY!

yaas
2005-12-14, 10:49 PM
what place was it?

Midnight Mike
2005-12-14, 10:53 PM
Been a while since I went there, I remember they had a poster of Andre the Giant in the window.

It was around the same area as the famous place to get your haircut (3 levels of barbers). I'll ask my sister to see if she remembers the place.....

T-Bird76
2005-12-15, 10:26 AM
Hey Mike do me a quickie and send me some Inn and Out Burger A Double Double without.

As for Joe's the burger was pretty good, their fries however as Phil said suck, they fall apart. The help there isn't to quick either, which in NY its hard to get good people to do a job like that. For some reason these teens feel they are to good for a place like that. I think one of Joe's key problems is its location, good help is hard to get and the location from what I saw and what Phil has told me doesn't draw the crowd like Inn and Out does at some of their locations. A place like Joe's would probably do very well out more on the Island in a area like Melville where you have a huge industrial and corp center with a busy road and limited good fast food places. Its probably good we don't have Inn and Out here in New York because I'd be 300 lbs. Dam those burgers are good.

NIKV69
2005-12-15, 03:31 PM
Yes, those fries were not good. My guess is they start out fresh but I think the oil they are cooked in was bad. IN-N-OUT changes their oil frequently. They did **** the order up. The burgers were not bad, in a place like that undercooking will be rampant but the burgerss are thin so you are pretty much safe. Not to mention the whole facility was not clean. If anyone has ever been in an IN-N-OUT you notice they are as clean as hospitals. Well a couple of weeks and I will be biting into a Double Double. I will send you pics Tommy!

Mr Smith
2005-12-15, 05:52 PM
perfect scenario

Hyder: Hey Yaas
Yaas: Si?

Hyder: Butt Sechs?
Yaas: No

Hyder: Phil?
Phil: Im already naked....

fuken classic! :lol:

PhilDernerJr
2005-12-15, 08:46 PM
I think one of Joe's key problems is its location, good help is hard to get and the location from what I saw and what Phil has told me doesn't draw the crowd like Inn and Out does at some of their locations. A place like Joe's would probably do very well out more on the Island in a area like Melville where you have a huge industrial and corp center with a busy road and limited good fast food places. Its probably good we don't have Inn and Out here in New York because I'd be 300 lbs. Dam those burgers are good.

Well that's jsut it. Joe's is actually in an AMAZING location. It's jsut yards away from one of the busiest intersections in the entire city. So, it BAFFLEs me why it's not packed nonstop.

FlyKLM747
2006-10-08, 07:40 PM
IMHO....I feel that Joe's burgers taste very similar to those at Johnny Rocket's ! 8)