PDA

View Full Version : TRIP REPORT (Part 1) RDU-JFK on AA

RDU-JFK
2005-11-24, 11:53 AM
Hey all:

I flew into NYC on Tuesday for the holidays, and decided to write a brief trip report.

AA Flight 4710 RDU-JFK Scheduled Departure 1:10PM (1:45PM actual)
Seat 1A on an ERJ-135

Arrived at RDU around 10:30 to do some spotting. Nothing too interesting. RDU's terminal C isn't very nice, and it's mostly American/Eagle aircraft. Flight was delayed half hour because of late arriving aircraft from Boston. The northeast weather was rainy and windy, so all flights up there were delayed. Boarding was quick and I sat in 1A. Decent legroom and a great view. We took off for the hour and 10 minute flight. Beverages were served, and I splurged and bought the 3 dollar snack pack, which consisted of the following: tortilla chips, salsa, cheddar cheese spread, turkey sausage, and lorna doone cookies. Not bad at all. We also got the Fischer cheddar snack mix. Flight got progressively bumpier as we flew into NYC. We descended and I noticed all the whitecaps in the water below. The pilot was earning his $$ keeping the plane straight. We landed on 31L and taxied to the new AA terminal. I noticed construction on what I thought was new A380 support bridges on the JFK expressway, maybe someone else can confirm. We arrived at gate 37 but no ground crew was there so we sat for about 10 minutes. The new AA terminal is amazing. It looks so clean and new. It was a long walk to ground transportation, though, giving me an idea of how big the terminal is. I'll continue the trip report on Sunday when I fly back to school.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Jonesbeach
2005-11-24, 04:56 PM
You're right about the A380 work. They have already replaced an overpass on both the Van Wyck and JFK Expressway, they are now in the process of replacing the second ones. I think there is runway work as well, but I'm not sure of this.

Glad you liked the new terminal. I guess I'm just jaded after being there for so long. I only see the mistakes and what should of been, instead of the well done, overall picture.

RDU-JFK
2005-11-25, 01:14 PM
I'm curious to know some of the problems associated with the new terminal. Would you mind sharing, Jonesbeach?