PDA

View Full Version : Massages at LGA

Ari707
2005-11-22, 08:04 AM
I just heard the AA will be giving out massages at LGA tomorrow to help relive some of the stressed out passengers on what should be a crazy day for flying around here tomorrow

Corey
2005-11-22, 10:04 AM
Will they have a "happy ending"? If so....i'm in. :D

Corey

T-Bird76
2005-11-22, 10:55 AM
How about getting your planes in and out on-time by speeding up your turn around time, that will do more to relieve stress then a 5 min massage. I'm sorry but if this is true its just plain stupid and a really poorly thought out marketing idea. You want to improve the holiday travel season this week, staff your check in desks, no reason not to have all of them opened, bring on more curbside check-in stands, and get the bags to the conveyor in less time then the actual flight.

Guys I travel allot and stuff like this just doesn't fly with me. All people want when they travel is to get there with the least amount of hassle. I can see the lines for a massage now, lol. It will probably cause more stress then the massage will relieve.

jakbar
2005-11-22, 12:11 PM
How about getting your planes in and out on-time by speeding up your turn around time, that will do more to relieve stress then a 5 min massage. I'm sorry but if this is true its just plain stupid and a really poorly thought out marketing idea. You want to improve the holiday travel season this week, staff your check in desks, no reason not to have all of them opened, bring on more curbside check-in stands, and get the bags to the conveyor in less time then the actual flight.

Guys I travel allot and stuff like this just doesn't fly with me. All people want when they travel is to get there with the least amount of hassle. I can see the lines for a massage now, lol. It will probably cause more stress then the massage will relieve.

Tommy, have you not heard that there is supposed to be a major storm over the Thanksgiving travel period? Whether AA staffs its desks properly will have no effect on weather-related delays. I think it's a good idea to show its customers that they're "thinking outside the box" in terms of trying to help people cope with delays. Other airlines often tell you jack **** and just leave you sitting around all night.

T-Bird76
2005-11-22, 01:26 PM

Tommy, have you not heard that there is supposed to be a major storm over the Thanksgiving travel period? Whether AA staffs its desks properly will have no effect on weather-related delays. I think it's a good idea to show its customers that they're "thinking outside the box" in terms of trying to help people cope with delays. Other airlines often tell you jack **** and just leave you sitting around all night.

What major storm? Wed's forecast is mostly sunny with rain between 1AM and 4AM, nothing major that would cancel a large number of flights. Its not thinking outside the box its wasting resources that could be applied towards other more productive areas of the customer travel experience. I could just imagine the meetings and costs associated with this idea.

Other airlines often tell you jack **** and just leave you sitting around all night.

AA falls into that as well.

Helping customers cope with the delays is great, but tell them the truth about the delay and the chances that they will get out or not get out. Last time I flew AA to ORD on biz they delayed and delayed the flight because of weather while UAL told there customers outright they had no chance of getting to Chicago. I'd rather have known two hours prior from AA that I wasn't going anyway instead of sitting there waiting for the flight to get canceled, which it was.

The airlines right now can't afford to think outside until the box they are in is fixed. While I applaud AA for making changes to their model they still fall short on the basics. Take a walk over to AA's check-in desks during peak departure times at LGA they have at least seven stands unmanned. What really annoys people when they are sitting in line for an hour is staring at those stands with no one manning them. Self serve kiosk are wonderful but the majority of travelers still check in the old fashion way. Get the people in and get em out!

jakbar
2005-11-22, 01:48 PM
What major storm?

This one:

TODAY: http://www.weather.com/weather/map/1002 ... oday_large (http://www.weather.com/weather/map/10020?name=northeastweathertoday_large)

TOMORROW: http://www.weather.com/weather/map/1002 ... rrow_large (http://www.weather.com/weather/map/10020?name=northeastweathertomorrow_large)

OK, so it may not be the kind of storm that's gonna drop 2 feet of snow, but all I have heard in the news for the past week is how traveling is going to be impaired by this storm over the Thanksgiving travel period. Even if it's not raining/snowing right in NY tomorrow, plenty of other parts of the country where the airplanes are coming FROM will be experiencing delays.

I agree that most of the airlines in the U.S. have terrible customer service these days. I hate checking in for AA at LGA. And I have certainly experienced the "don't tell the customer until they're on the plane that the flight is cancelled" routine, which angers me beyond belief. But, you just can't do anything about bad weather. So, if I'm stuck at the airport for hours due to a weather delay, I'd rather be able to get that free 5-minute massage than not get it. AA may be as deep in the **** as some of other airlines, but sometimes its the little things that help keep customers.

AA 777
2005-11-22, 06:45 PM
Travelers can luxuriate in the following services from Lincoln Zephyr:

* Complimentary "dinner and a movie" on American Airlines meal service transcontinental flights to and from Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York's JFK, Miami, Newark, and Fort Lauderdale airports from Sunday, Nov. 20 through Wednesday, Nov. 23; movies to be shown are "Charlie & The Chocolate Factory" and "Must Love Dogs;" the meal service will include American's new snack box;

* Complimentary neck and shoulder massages offered at American Airlines gates in New York's LaGuardia Airport and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport on Wednesday, Nov. 23, the day before Thanksgiving, which is one of the busiest travel days of the year;

* Admirals Club members will enjoy complimentary buffets provided by Lincoln Zephyr from Sunday, Nov. 20 through Wednesday, Nov. 23 at New York's LaGuardia, Newark, St. Louis, Austin, Denver, Kansas City, and Washington Dulles airports.

-Matt

cancidas
2005-11-22, 09:49 PM
when are they going to do this for the staff that is stressed out from working with stupid managers?

T-Bird76
2005-11-22, 09:57 PM
when are they going to do this for the staff that is stressed out from working with stupid managers?

Now that I agree with! Show your people they are the ones that make it happen day in and day out!

cancidas
2005-11-22, 11:12 PM
the problem is my managers have yet to realize that it is us who get the **** done...

mirrodie
2005-11-23, 05:33 PM
Will they have a "happy ending"? If so....i'm in. :D

Corey

sona***un beat me to it! :lol:

NIKV69
2005-11-26, 06:10 PM
Just what we need, rub and tugs at the airport! :mrgreen:

Interesting idea from AA. Wonder how it went.