PDA

View Full Version : What was this plane doing at LGA?

IslipWN
2005-11-20, 02:41 PM
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/303166/L/

Why was it on the east coast?

Joe

PhilDernerJr
2005-11-20, 03:12 PM
Well, assuming that you're wondering why it's a regional aircraft as opposed to the normal America west flights that operate out of JFK, that is a good question.

I forget where they operated to from GLA, but their service stopped a couple years ago.

jakbar
2005-11-20, 03:33 PM
I forget where they operated to from GLA

AWA never operated to Scotland, Phil. :)

However, if I recall correctly, AWA Express did serve CMH (Columbus, Ohio) from LGA when they used CMH as a mini East Coast hub. Not sure if they served any other cities from LGA using an ERJ/CRJ. I bet Ron P. would know the answer.

PhilDernerJr
2005-11-20, 04:01 PM
I'm home sick all day. Bear with me Josh. :-p lol

Honestly, I was thinking CMH as well.

cancidas
2005-11-20, 04:58 PM
chautauqua operates a majority of USX flights from LGA. it's a pretty big station for them, including a crew base and mx base. they are down a ship in USX colors right now, think it's a C check so they had to sub in a few other ships. probably did come in from CMH, we have a few legs between here and there. CX will sub the planes if they need it.

when did you see this plane there? i was at work all morning and didn't see it. what day was it here?

Futterman
2005-11-20, 05:33 PM
CX will sub the planes if they need it.

Yeah, I saw their A346 parked at the MAT the other day...

when did you see this plane there? i was at work all morning and didn't see it. what day was it here?

December 16, 2002.

Brian

Alex T
2005-11-20, 07:17 PM
CHQ is the code and RP is the code for IATA , not CX, That is Cathay Pacific correct?

Anyway it was indeed operating as an America West Express flight to CMH, when they have the mini hub at CMH. It was recently before those pics in TWA colors at STL as one of the pics noted.

Alex

cancidas
2005-11-20, 07:28 PM
Cx is a code that we use among ourselves at work. and forgive me for missing the point... i started this morning at 0400 and didn't leave the airport until 1500.