PDA

View Full Version : nycaviation winter meet up idea?

mirrodie
2005-11-16, 12:24 PM
Hey guys,

It was great meeting a lot of you over the summer at our place. We just got furniture so maybe the next time it can be an indoor endeavor! Or better yet, we'll start another fire on the deck!

Anyway, I've been meaning to post this. I haven't been to the Cradle of Aviation Musuem in some time now. In fact, the last time was with VC-10 on anet, when he was visiting from UK.

It seems that that place has never really been in a great financial position...meaning, who knows when it will close.

So why dont we figure out one Sunday after the holidays where we can visit the museum together? An NYCaviation winter meet perhaps? Call it spotting indoors!!

anyone in? If there is interest, then I propose that after Christmas, we set a date.

Mario

eric8669
2005-11-16, 12:45 PM
sounds like a good idea, The Cradle of Aviation would be a great place to meet up. I work right around the corner from there so I am there every so often. I really don't see the Musuem closing anytime soon. The one thing I am waiting for is the Time Square Model of Concorde they have. The last time I saw it was in the musuem hanger where it was being repainted.

Eric

UrbanExplorer222
2005-11-16, 03:52 PM
Sounds like a great idea!! I would definitely be down for that!

moose135
2005-11-16, 03:57 PM
Great idea Mario - I've been to the Cradle numerous times, it's really a great facility. I remember back when it was a few old airplanes in a dark, dusty hangar. The first time I walked into the new building, I was amazed at what a great job they did.

An NYCA meet there would be great, and there are plenty of places nearby for a post-museum meal as well.

lijk604
2005-11-16, 04:32 PM
any chance at all it could be a Saturday? I work Sundays. :(
Make it a Saturday and I should be in.

NIKV69
2005-11-16, 04:38 PM
I am in! Just make it before the holidays, I am gone after that.

Let's try to get everyone this time! We need Art and Mike M! Not to mention Mr. Celmer, we can enjoy a cigar to celebrate his new daughter

GrummanFan
2005-11-16, 06:09 PM
i would be into that...i love that place. in or after december on a saturday would be great, would love to meet some of u people.

IslipWN
2005-11-16, 06:39 PM
lets do it sometime before the holidays...I will most likely be in NY.

jakbar
2005-11-16, 07:37 PM
I'm definitely up for it. Last time was great fun. Maybe we'll have a rematch between Brian and the Karate Kid.

Jonesbeach
2005-11-17, 08:26 AM
Saturdays work me. I can do before or after the holidays.

PilotCop
2005-11-17, 12:57 PM
Cradle of Aviation Museum ...A great place to get together, and I'll get to meet all of you as well. Before or after the holidays works for me.

Art at ISP
2005-11-17, 03:27 PM
Cradle is a great idea--if I am in town I will try to make it as well!!

mirrodie
2005-11-17, 07:55 PM
well.....

I think after the holidays would be best since the holidays are notorious for bringing out plans and commitments!

But Saturdays are difficult for me (and I'd like to attend the idea I brought up ;) ) b.c I leave at 3 and I think the museum closes early, right?

now that I know there's interest, lets wait and figure out a date in 2006. I can work out a saturday but I have to make arrangements well in advance.

Hope thats cool folks!

cheers!

T-Bird76
2005-11-18, 01:34 PM
Mario this is a great idea, the Museum is real close to some good spots to eat to and is real easy for city and LI folks to get to. Just don't make it Dec 10th I'll be in Boston. ;)

PhilDernerJr
2005-11-18, 02:08 PM
Been a busy week, didn't get to reply sooner.

I think this is a good idea. There is also a museum at Teterboro that I think we can get a nice group-rate too. Maybe that one would be for warmer weather though, so we can do somd spotting and make a whole day of it.

I know little about the Cradle, so just set it upa nd I'm there. Let me know what I can provide. :)