PDA

View Full Version : Shorts 330 at LGA

PhilDernerJr
2005-11-05, 11:40 AM
Not even kidding.

Tom Turner called me and said he saw one on approach that other day. I was at work.

I really wish I got to see this.

Anyone have any idea what might have brought it here?

Tom_Turner
2005-11-05, 01:20 PM
Good question Phil.

My guess was New Jersey Air National Guard, but never seen them bring one to New York before.

cancidas
2005-11-05, 04:46 PM
it looked like it was an army serial number on it. it came in on wednesday morning aswell. i remember ron yelling at me to look up as i was on the phone with my boss....

LGA777
2005-11-05, 11:15 PM
Yes I was pretty surprised when I looked up saw the Shorts 330 landing out my window, no time for a photo, it was actually I believe a C23 Sherpa like the one in this scheme

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=423156.

They where actually daily visitors at US LGA for many years, mainly in this scheme

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=423156.

Maybe at one of our get together one day I will show a video I shot riding a US Express 330 from LGA to PHL with a straight out departure from 22 at LGA with a great view out the window of Manhattan as we crawled by.

Regards

LGA777

USAF Pilot 07
2005-11-06, 03:07 AM
Those planes are weird!

I was pretty surprised when I was on the flightline at Elmendorf this summer, and that same plane that LGA777 posted a link to, taxiied by... I think it was carrying some paratroopers who were going to jump out over Ft. Rich on the other side of the base...

Pretty sweet!

IslipWN
2005-11-06, 11:15 AM
I would love to fly on one of those planes!!! I remember a while back mike posted a picture of a shorts 330 in jetBlue colors.

Joe

Tom_Turner
2005-11-06, 02:48 PM
They where actually daily visitors at US LGA for many years, mainly in this scheme

LGA777[/quote]

You're right Ron, I forgot about that.

I remember also the American Eagle Shorts 360 at JFK. At one time quite a lot. They looked odd in their own way too despite the more conventional tail...almost seemed two-dimensional flat from certain angles - like a cut-out.

Of course nothing was as bizarre as the Skyvan.