PDA

View Full Version : Song Introduces BOS-NYC 747 Service

Matt Molnar
2005-10-10, 08:00 PM
From today's Page Six:

HURLEY WANTS TO TINT THE TAJ

October 10, 2005 -- NOTE to the Indian government: Lovely Elizabeth Hurley wants to talk to you! Hurley, who's championing the Breast Cancer Research Foundation with Evelyn Lauder, rode on a new Song 747 jet from Boston to New York on Friday morning. She tells PAGE SIX and "The Insider," "I am trying to get a hold of someone in India who could help me. I want to do a huge benefit next year in Agra at the Taj Mahal where we turn the Taj pink for Breast Cancer Awareness [via lights, not dye]." Meanwhile, Hurley, who is reported to be engaged to Indian Arun Nayar and just came out with a beachwear catalogue, is trying a new profession: farming. "I have a farm in Gloucester [England] where I am growing only organic food and raising animals. I just got some new chickens in, and we are only a year away from being certified organic. I want to then produce organic food and sell it in stores."

IslipWN
2005-10-10, 08:24 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!! :lol:

lijk604
2005-10-11, 02:52 PM
gotta love the media. Never know what they are talking about.

Futterman
2005-10-11, 02:55 PM
Well OBVIOUSLY the 747 is just another series of the 757...I mean, come on...4...5...can't be too different...

UrbanExplorer222
2005-10-11, 06:29 PM
Yeah and soon Independence Air is starting 340-600 service from Middle Earth to the moon. $5 dollars round trip. Oh yeah and they let you land the plane for $10 exta :wink:

Clovis
2005-10-11, 08:03 PM
I thought they were using the Douglas-Martin DC-380 on that route.

cancidas
2005-10-11, 10:09 PM
WOW...

Tower Air
2005-10-11, 10:51 PM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

UrbanExplorer222
2005-10-11, 11:47 PM
Actually no, we're both wrong. They are using this...
http://www.character-cars.com/images/flintstone.jpg

yaas
2005-10-12, 01:03 AM
(plane noob yaas doesn't get the joke) :(

Matt Molnar
2005-10-12, 09:29 PM

The news media is always making mistakes when talking/writing about aviation, and this one is particularly humorous to us plane geeks because it is wrong on many levels. Here's a rundown of the hilarity:

The article mentions a "new 747" but...
-- Song flies only 757s, which are about half the size of a 747.
-- Song's parent company, Delta, did briefly fly 747s, but the last one was about 30 years ago.
-- Song's 757s are all quite old. Song does have one plane with a new breast cancer awareness paint job, which is the one they're probably talking about, but it is an old plane. You know what they say about polishing turds.
-- A 747 is a huge plane used for long routes. No airline would ever fly a 747 between Boston and New York, even if Liz Hurley was on it.

If any of our geekocity fascinates, confuses or scares you in the future, don't be afraid to ask. :)

IslipWN
2005-10-12, 11:02 PM
-- Song's parent company, Delta, did briefly fly 747s, but the last one was about 30 years ago.
-- Song's 757s are all quite old. Song does have one plane with a new breast cancer awareness paint job, which is the one they're probably talking about, but it is an old plane. You know what they say about polishing turds.
-- A 747 is a huge plane used for long routes. No airline would ever fly a 747 between Boston and New York, even if Liz Hurley was on it.

And you forgot to add that Song doesn't fly JFK-BOS! :D

yaas
2005-10-12, 11:09 PM

The news media is always making mistakes when talking/writing about aviation, and this one is particularly humorous to us plane geeks because it is wrong on many levels. Here's a rundown of the hilarity:

If any of our geekocity fascinates, confuses or scares you in the future, don't be afraid to ask. :)

ahahah that's awesome :) thank you :) and no, it doesnt scare or confuse me