PDA

View Full Version : question about gettting stopped

Tower Air
2005-10-03, 12:00 PM
since i am going spotting soon i am going spotting at krsw since i live there if i get stopped what do i do i don't have i.d i'm 13

Derf
2005-10-03, 12:11 PM
Smile, and just say that you do not need ID because you are 13 and it is not required that you have one by law! You have the4 best of all worlds but be on bull**** alert! They will make up laws hoping that you have no Idea what the laws are....You will hear some of these great lines, like

Ever since Sept 11Th, taking pictures of aircraft is illegal

You are helping terrorists

If I see you here again you will be arrested

The esd from your braces is throwing off the navigational systems of the departing aircraft and you are putting thousands of lives at risk. From now on you must call the airport 3 years ahead of time so they can bring in a Boeing fleet of non fbw aircraft to keep the risk to passengers, residents and aircraft down in case of an accidental discharge that may occur if you are standing next to an older gentlemen with a pacemaker/De-fib implant with a battery equal to or over 3.4 volts.

IslipWN
2005-10-03, 12:19 PM
The esd from your braces is throwing off the navigational systems of the departing aircraft and you are putting thousands of lives at risk. From now on you must call the airport 3 years ahead of time so they can bring in a Boeing fleet of non fbw aircraft to keep the risk to passengers, residents and aircraft down in case of an accidental discharge that may occur if you are standing next to an older gentlemen with a pacemaker/De-fib implant with a battery equal to or over 3.4 volts.

lol

T-Bird76
2005-10-06, 02:54 PM

What is even more funny about the above quote is that Fred prob just thought this up off the top of his head. lol

Derf
2005-10-06, 03:57 PM

What is even more funny about the above quote is that Fred prob just thought this up off the top of his head. lol

I did Tom, but I was bull****ting about the 3.4 volts.....we all know that a much lower voltage can be used!

NIKV69
2005-10-07, 03:18 PM
LOL, too funny fred.

All kidding aside, stand you ground. Know your rights and don't let them bully you with Gestapo tactics. You are doing nothing wrong.

jakbar
2005-10-07, 04:53 PM
All kidding aside, stand you ground. Know your rights and don't let them bully you with Gestapo tactics. You are doing nothing wrong.

Right you are. Knowing your rights is important, and standing up for them is even more important. One caveat I would add, however, is that people should always act in a respectful and courteous manner even when in an unpleasant situation. One can be respectful yet firm at the same time.

Josh

Derf
2005-10-10, 11:51 AM
And make sure to tell them that you did not know that your braces could be used as weapons of mass distruction.

Garri767
2006-02-20, 11:58 PM
like the others have said , stand your ground. The police are bored whenever they pull up to someone taking pictures ;)

Iberia A340-600
2006-02-21, 12:11 AM
Last time I was stopped at JFK I was still 13 (I'm currently 14) and being the innocent kid I am :twisted: I got off with only a light warning.

Whenever I go to spot under 13L at JFK I always go out to the field alone while my dad waits in the car because it insurses that I usually don't get questioned by the authorities only wierd looks and honks from the many cabs passing by.

Being young and spotting are great combos!

Derf
2006-02-21, 12:14 AM
Last time I was stopped at JFK I was still 13 (I'm currently 14) and being the innocent kid I am :twisted: I got off with only a light warning..........

Do you have braces???

Midnight Mike
2006-02-21, 01:00 AM
since i am going spotting soon i am going spotting at krsw since i live there if i get stopped what do i do i don't have i.d i'm 13

Can't you go to the DMV to get a Non-Drivers license ID card? I thought they used to give those out?

Library card?

Passport?

You know, that would be a good idea to carry around, your US Passport....

Iberia A340-600
2006-02-21, 01:14 PM
Not now, I did when I was 8 though.

moose135
2006-02-21, 02:20 PM
The police are bored whenever they pull up to someone taking pictures

I've been stopped twice, once on JFK property by Port Police, once at Costco by NCPD. Both times they were responding to someone calling me in - around here at least, they have plenty to do to keep from getting bored.