PDA

View Full Version : TURN FOX NEWS ON RIGHT NOW

T-Bird76
2005-09-21, 07:43 PM
JetBlue flight 292 from Burbank is making an emergency landing right now at Burbank, Reports are the front gear is damaged and that the front gear is twisted, she's coming in right now.

T-Bird76
2005-09-21, 07:43 PM
JetBlue flight 292 from Burbank is making an emergency landing right now at Burbank, Reports are the front gear is damaged and that the front gear is twisted, she's coming in right now.

lijk604
2005-09-21, 07:49 PM
no TV in the area, someone keep this up to date with what happened...and someone hopefully is rolling tape.

lijk604
2005-09-21, 07:49 PM
no TV in the area, someone keep this up to date with what happened...and someone hopefully is rolling tape.

T-Bird76
2005-09-21, 07:54 PM
I'm recording it right now.

T-Bird76
2005-09-21, 07:54 PM
I'm recording it right now.

megatop412
2005-09-21, 08:15 PM
The nose gear bogie is clearly tilted 90 degrees in the side views of the aircraft now showing on MSNBC, anybody know which runway at LAX he's coming into? Scheduled landing=8:25 EST

now flying left-hand circuits

Godspeed and good luck

megatop412
The nose gear bogie is clearly tilted 90 degrees in the side views of the aircraft now showing on MSNBC, anybody know which runway at LAX he's coming into? Scheduled landing=8:25 EST

now flying left-hand circuits

Godspeed and good luck

PhilDernerJr
The plane is N536JB. Josh, Art, Ron and Mike McLaughlin all have photos of this plane.

I think they'll be ok. We've seen these type of nosegear incidents in the past and I don't recall any serious injuries coming from them.

PhilDernerJr
The plane is N536JB. Josh, Art, Ron and Mike McLaughlin all have photos of this plane.

I think they'll be ok. We've seen these type of nosegear incidents in the past and I don't recall any serious injuries coming from them.

jakbar
2005-09-21, 08:16 PM
Just a heck of a lot of smoke from burning rubber is what I'd expect. This isn't something to be taken lightly, though.... Crossing my fingers it turns out alright.

jakbar
2005-09-21, 08:16 PM
Just a heck of a lot of smoke from burning rubber is what I'd expect. This isn't something to be taken lightly, though.... Crossing my fingers it turns out alright.

megatop412
2005-09-21, 08:31 PM
RWY 25L it is, 11, 096 feet

megatop412
RWY 25L it is, 11, 096 feet

Alex T

CNN has been saying they have never had a twsited nose gear problem. its always been a gear wont come out, or partially halfway out, and its normally been the main landing gear. but never the front nose being twsited.

I am watching as well. seems to be frightenin moments for the passnegers on board.

Alex

Alex T

CNN has been saying they have never had a twsited nose gear problem. its always been a gear wont come out, or partially halfway out, and its normally been the main landing gear. but never the front nose being twsited.

I am watching as well. seems to be frightenin moments for the passnegers on board.

Alex

jakbar
Live feed: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?secti ... id=3447066 (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=3447066)

jakbar
Live feed: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?secti ... id=3447066 (http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=3447066)

Matt Molnar
2005-09-21, 08:39 PM
This is a pretty odd situation. I think they'd be better off with no front landing gear at all. I think the sideways gear can break off and get sucked into the engines or cause the plane to veer off the runway. Also...the flight took off less than 2 1/2 hours ago for a 6 hour flight. There is still going to be a good amount of fuel left if they do this now.

Having their broken plane plastered on every TV screen for a couple hours and announcing a loss for the quarter today = not such a good day for jetBlue.

Matt Molnar
2005-09-21, 08:39 PM
This is a pretty odd situation. I think they'd be better off with no front landing gear at all. I think the sideways gear can break off and get sucked into the engines or cause the plane to veer off the runway. Also...the flight took off less than 2 1/2 hours ago for a 6 hour flight. There is still going to be a good amount of fuel left if they do this now.

Having their broken plane plastered on every TV screen for a couple hours and announcing a loss for the quarter today = not such a good day for jetBlue.

Matt Molnar
2005-09-21, 08:42 PM
MSNBC reporting that America West had an identical problem with an Airbus in 1999 which resulted in no injuries.

Matt Molnar
2005-09-21, 08:42 PM
MSNBC reporting that America West had an identical problem with an Airbus in 1999 which resulted in no injuries.

Matt Molnar
2005-09-21, 09:29 PM
Great job by the pilots. Amazing that the gear didn't collapse and they stayed straight the whole way down.

Matt Molnar
2005-09-21, 09:29 PM
Great job by the pilots. Amazing that the gear didn't collapse and they stayed straight the whole way down.

MarkLawrence
2005-09-21, 09:31 PM
I agree - an amazing job by that cockpit crew - and - the skipper even kept it on the center line!!! AMAZING!! HUGE kudos to that crew!!

EDIT: I think I could see the a/c no as 536

MarkLawrence
I agree - an amazing job by that cockpit crew - and - the skipper even kept it on the center line!!! AMAZING!! HUGE kudos to that crew!!

EDIT: I think I could see the a/c no as 536

PhilDernerJr
Yeah, great job. That plane was going pretty damn slow with the nose still in the air.

Glad to see a happy ending. :)

PhilDernerJr
Yeah, great job. That plane was going pretty damn slow with the nose still in the air.

Glad to see a happy ending. :)

fly.mcs
2005-09-21, 09:44 PM
Yup, it's N536JB. Says Canyon Blue.

fly.mcs
2005-09-21, 09:44 PM
Yup, it's N536JB. Says Canyon Blue.

papo69
2005-09-21, 10:09 PM
i am just happy in did not happen at jfk!

papo69
2005-09-21, 10:09 PM
i am just happy in did not happen at jfk!

jakbar
2005-09-21, 11:21 PM
It was awesome to watch the nose stay in the air so long as the plane went down the runway. It was amazing to watch those front tires literally disintegrate.

I heard on the live feed that the plane went 95% of the way down 25L before stopping. Wow....that's a LONG way down the runway.

Congrats to the captain for a job well done.

jakbar
2005-09-21, 11:21 PM
It was awesome to watch the nose stay in the air so long as the plane went down the runway. It was amazing to watch those front tires literally disintegrate.

I heard on the live feed that the plane went 95% of the way down 25L before stopping. Wow....that's a LONG way down the runway.

Congrats to the captain for a job well done.

Matt Molnar
2005-09-22, 12:42 AM
Fascinating that they didn't use the reversers, as to avoid shifting the CoG to the front gear.

Matt Molnar
2005-09-22, 12:42 AM
Fascinating that they didn't use the reversers, as to avoid shifting the CoG to the front gear.

lijk604
2005-09-22, 10:15 AM
Great job by the crew, glad everything worked out okay.

Now Jet Blue has to figure out how to repair that puppy at a non-JetBlue station.

lijk604
2005-09-22, 10:15 AM
Great job by the crew, glad everything worked out okay.

Now Jet Blue has to figure out how to repair that puppy at a non-JetBlue station.

Clipper
2005-09-22, 04:24 PM
The crew did a wonderful job on the landing, they sure saved the day.

I doubt Jet Blue will be repairing it them selves, they will most likely hire Unite Techops, Air Canada or Airbus Field team to do the repair. I wonder how long is the runway going to be out of service for?

Clipper
2005-09-22, 04:24 PM
The crew did a wonderful job on the landing, they sure saved the day.

I doubt Jet Blue will be repairing it them selves, they will most likely hire Unite Techops, Air Canada or Airbus Field team to do the repair. I wonder how long is the runway going to be out of service for?

Futterman
2005-09-22, 06:57 PM
Nosewheel or not, that was one of the BEST landings I've ever seen. Wow.

I wonder how long is the runway going to be out of service for?

I'm sure 25L is up and running by now, or at least will be very shortly. LAX can't afford to have one runway out - we all know how hectic things can get at LGA and JFK when there's only one runway available, so after a thorough FOB walk, arrivals and departure should have the all-clear.

David Neeleman released a statement just hours ago:

STATEMENT BY JETBLUE CEO DAVID NEELEMAN
REGARDING FLIGHT 292

NEW YORK (Sept. 22, 2005) – JetBlue Airways' Chief Executive Officer
David Neeleman today issued the following statement regarding the
emergency landing of Flight 292 in Los Angeles yesterday:

"On behalf of JetBlue's 9,000 crewmembers, I would like to
express my personal admiration and deep appreciation to the
pilots and flight attendants of Flight 292 for their
professionalism and skill in handling yesterday's incident.

"I would also like to thank the thousands of customers and
business partners who took the time to acknowledge the crew
for taking care of our customers on board the flight and for
what many have described as a perfectly executed emergency
landing.

"We continue to offer support to customers from Flight 292,
including securing travel arrangements and any other
assistance they require.

"The crew of Flight 292 has asked us to communicate their
appreciation to the 140 customers on board for their
cooperation, and they are also grateful for the messages of
support sent to JetBlue by thousands of people. The crew
looks forward to returning to their families and loved ones,
and to their normal lives as quickly as possible.

"I join all JetBlue crewmembers in thanking Los Angeles
International Airport, the Federal Aviation Administration
and local authorities for their assistance in the successful
outcome of this incident."

The National Transportation Safety Board (the independent Federal
agency charged by Congress to investigate civil aviation accidents or
incidents in the United States) will field all further questions
regarding the investigation of Flight 292.

Brian

Futterman
2005-09-22, 06:57 PM
Nosewheel or not, that was one of the BEST landings I've ever seen. Wow.

I wonder how long is the runway going to be out of service for?

I'm sure 25L is up and running by now, or at least will be very shortly. LAX can't afford to have one runway out - we all know how hectic things can get at LGA and JFK when there's only one runway available, so after a thorough FOB walk, arrivals and departure should have the all-clear.

David Neeleman released a statement just hours ago:

STATEMENT BY JETBLUE CEO DAVID NEELEMAN
REGARDING FLIGHT 292

NEW YORK (Sept. 22, 2005) – JetBlue Airways' Chief Executive Officer
David Neeleman today issued the following statement regarding the
emergency landing of Flight 292 in Los Angeles yesterday:

"On behalf of JetBlue's 9,000 crewmembers, I would like to
express my personal admiration and deep appreciation to the
pilots and flight attendants of Flight 292 for their
professionalism and skill in handling yesterday's incident.

"I would also like to thank the thousands of customers and
business partners who took the time to acknowledge the crew
for taking care of our customers on board the flight and for
what many have described as a perfectly executed emergency
landing.

"We continue to offer support to customers from Flight 292,
including securing travel arrangements and any other
assistance they require.

"The crew of Flight 292 has asked us to communicate their
appreciation to the 140 customers on board for their
cooperation, and they are also grateful for the messages of
support sent to JetBlue by thousands of people. The crew
looks forward to returning to their families and loved ones,
and to their normal lives as quickly as possible.

"I join all JetBlue crewmembers in thanking Los Angeles
International Airport, the Federal Aviation Administration
and local authorities for their assistance in the successful
outcome of this incident."

The National Transportation Safety Board (the independent Federal
agency charged by Congress to investigate civil aviation accidents or
incidents in the United States) will field all further questions
regarding the investigation of Flight 292.

Brian

jakbar
2005-09-22, 07:13 PM

I wonder if the nosewheel made a groove in the runway. If it did, how long would the runway be out of service???

jakbar
2005-09-22, 07:13 PM

I wonder if the nosewheel made a groove in the runway. If it did, how long would the runway be out of service???

PhilDernerJr
2005-09-22, 07:28 PM
I'm sure 25L is up and running by now, or at least will be very shortly. LAX can't afford to have one runway out - we all know how hectic things can get at LGA and JFK when there's only one runway available....

You're aware that LAX has four runways, right?

PhilDernerJr
2005-09-22, 07:28 PM
I'm sure 25L is up and running by now, or at least will be very shortly. LAX can't afford to have one runway out - we all know how hectic things can get at LGA and JFK when there's only one runway available....

IslipWN
2005-09-22, 08:33 PM
Ive flown on N536JB a few times between PIB/FLL/JFK. Also, EXCELLENT job by the pilots!

IslipWN
2005-09-22, 08:33 PM
Ive flown on N536JB a few times between PIB/FLL/JFK. Also, EXCELLENT job by the pilots!

Futterman
2005-09-22, 08:45 PM

I've wondered that as well...would they do a patch job or a full-fledged re-pave?

Yep, and I even know that they're all parallel! LAX has a lot of night movements, though, with all the Pacific flights going back West...so while I don't know if being out one runway would result in delays galore, I do imagine it would affect overall airport efficiency. Different, longer taxi routes, longer lineups, etc.

Brian

Futterman
2005-09-22, 08:45 PM

I've wondered that as well...would they do a patch job or a full-fledged re-pave?

Yep, and I even know that they're all parallel! LAX has a lot of night movements, though, with all the Pacific flights going back West...so while I don't know if being out one runway would result in delays galore, I do imagine it would affect overall airport efficiency. Different, longer taxi routes, longer lineups, etc.

Brian

Tom_Turner
2005-09-23, 03:00 AM
I remember watching an Eastern Airlines DC-8 have to land at JFK with one side of wheels not descended. Nice view of it from the tower.

Lots of sparks/flames the whole way down 31L.

Believe the runway was out for at least a day.

Didn't make the news though.. :D

Tom_Turner
2005-09-23, 03:00 AM
I remember watching an Eastern Airlines DC-8 have to land at JFK with one side of wheels not descended. Nice view of it from the tower.

Lots of sparks/flames the whole way down 31L.

Believe the runway was out for at least a day.

Didn't make the news though.. :D

Clipper
2005-09-23, 10:37 PM
I would suspect the runway surface is ripped up pretty good from the video clips I seen, all the lock brake landing incidents I have seen in the past did a pretty good job tearing up runways when the wheel hubs makes contact with runway surface.

Did anyone check the NOTAM for LAX? it would list how long the runway will be out for.

Clipper
2005-09-23, 10:37 PM
I would suspect the runway surface is ripped up pretty good from the video clips I seen, all the lock brake landing incidents I have seen in the past did a pretty good job tearing up runways when the wheel hubs makes contact with runway surface.

Did anyone check the NOTAM for LAX? it would list how long the runway will be out for.