PDA

View Full Version : Mack Camera Warranty? Read This!

FlyingColors
2005-09-06, 10:03 AM
OK
Just let the board here known that this outfit is nothing short of a bad joke.

Now its been 3 WEEKS these jerks have my D100............its still in the inspection cue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once someone looks at the damn thing then they have to order the parts (another 6-8 weeks)

And then it goes into the repair cue, estimate another 6-8 weeks before someone actually does the repair.

Name:
Mack Camera and video service
200 Morris Ave
Springfield NJ 07081
800-252-6225

AVOID THESE JERKS AT ALL COSTS!

AND........any MACK warranty holds the right to VOID your warranty IF they allegedly see/find ONE speck of grit/sand. That's just wonderful, they are their own judge,jury and executioner. NICE! And you have no say.

Next time you buy something at your favorite camera store (they all try tacking on the extra MACK warranty sale ) tell them to SHOVE IT HARD WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE.

By the way----with Mack you get a one time sensor cleaning with the purchase of the warranty, well, I asked the guy and he said "that's a very difficult and risky procedure. We send your camera to Nikon and wait for a batch of them to accumulate. Then they call for a Nikon rep to come from Japan to do the cleaning. Your looking at about 6-8 weeks)

Would someone on the board be nice enough to me and kindly wipe off the title IDIOT that must be written across my forehead!

PS-if you send something to Nikon direct they get back to you in 1 week with an work proposal. If you decline you only pay for the shipping. I'm sure Canon is the same...

Moral of the story, stick to the factory warranty and service. At least they operate in the realm of reality.

Mike :evil: :evil: :evil:

T-Bird76
2005-09-06, 10:31 AM
Thanks for sharing that piece of information it really was valuable for someone thinking about getting a camera. I agree 100% about extended warranties and I generally never buy them. Even though repairs can be a bit expense I'd rather pay for it and be in control of the situation. More times then not if you’re paying out of your pocket for a repair you get your stuff back much quicker.

I've worked with extended warranty companies at my last company and to give you some insight why it takes so long to fix something. Most of these companies have 120 days to pay for your repair from the time the invoice is sent in. So if you’re a repair facility whose item are you going to fix first, the one that will take 120 days to be paid for or someone who is going to pay at the time of repair? It’s that simple.

If I were you I'd raise hell until the camera is back in your hand. Another piece of advice go down to the camera store you bought it from and complain. They sold you the warranty in good faith and I'm sure if they told you it would take that long to repair an item you would have never bought it. Nothing like complaining in front of other customers to get something done.

FlyingColors
2005-09-14, 05:40 PM
Hey Tommy, nice meeting you at EWR! Too short on time...

Yeah, the store don't give a hoot...............they made their $

4 weeks so far..........have not even LOOKED at it yet!!!!!!!!!

Hemmmmmmmm, perhaps WHEN OR IF this friggen camera is fixed I will go with Matt C and perhaps Phil .......and I'll say "thank you" and smash the thing on the counter with a nice big hammer! Now that would be picture of total satisfaction! :evil:

Mike

LGA777
2005-09-14, 06:05 PM
MIike, whenever I had a problem with my Nikon 35 slide cameras and lenses I always drove to the Nikon repair center in Melville Long Island. I did not live far away at the time and I realize for you it is a pretty long drive plus tolls but I was always treated with courtesy and respect there and usually got my camera or lenses back with in a week. They ALWAYS put a RUSH request for me after explaining how often I used the camera. For all the D100/D70 users on here if you need repairs this is the place I would recommend.

Regards

LGA777

FlyingColors
2005-09-27, 12:11 AM
So finally last Friday I call this joint again and request an update.
The lady on the phone says its due to be done tomorrow or Monday!!!!?
Strange since all this time they keep telling me no one has looked at it yet.

The I get a call Tuesday from a tech, says my camera is all screwed up due to perhaps me tampering inside of it...(NOT!) Says lots of screws missing and stripped too.

I assure him if I have a warranty what would I gain from fooling around with it!!!!!!!

His reply is "He is going to have to make up an invoice and see how much its going to cost. We need to talk" Just great, another night sleep thanks to Ambient. Keep em coming Doc.

I decide to just go down there, and see WHAT IN THEE HELL IS GOING ON! The lady says its just about done, YET some tech, Eric, says its all &ucked up.....I just love the drama...............

So once you arrive at this 3 ring circus you have to deal with a counter person only. They purposefully sequester the repair end of the facility.
In short I brought all my camera gear with me and reiterated the scenario above. Also mentioned all my gear just so happens to have a MACK warranty as well (it don't!)

All of a sudden the counterman goes into the back room, and pulls out my camera in a plastic bag and said...its done!

I tried it in the store and its working. I didn't bother telling this guy how unhappy I was with the communication, and the attempted fraudulent invoice. He was way too into some sort of rap music, that was blaring in the store. He looked so care free doing his little jig...good for him.

Mission accomplished, I got my camera back and did not have to pay extra.

Moral of the story......STEER CLEAR OF MACK CAMERA AND ITS WARRANTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

FlyingColors
2005-09-27, 12:11 AM
So finally last Friday I call this joint again and request an update.
The lady on the phone says its due to be done tomorrow or Monday!!!!?
Strange since all this time they keep telling me no one has looked at it yet.

The I get a call Tuesday from a tech, says my camera is all screwed up due to perhaps me tampering inside of it...(NOT!) Says lots of screws missing and stripped too.

I assure him if I have a warranty what would I gain from fooling around with it!!!!!!!

His reply is "He is going to have to make up an invoice and see how much its going to cost. We need to talk" Just great, another night sleep thanks to Ambient. Keep em coming Doc.

I decide to just go down there, and see WHAT IN THEE HELL IS GOING ON! The lady says its just about done, YET some tech, Eric, says its all &ucked up.....I just love the drama...............

So once you arrive at this 3 ring circus you have to deal with a counter person only. They purposefully sequester the repair end of the facility.
In short I brought all my camera gear with me and reiterated the scenario above. Also mentioned all my gear just so happens to have a MACK warranty as well (it don't!)

All of a sudden the counterman goes into the back room, and pulls out my camera in a plastic bag and said...its done!

I tried it in the store and its working. I didn't bother telling this guy how unhappy I was with the communication, and the attempted fraudulent invoice. He was way too into some sort of rap music, that was blaring in the store. He looked so care free doing his little jig...good for him.

Mission accomplished, I got my camera back and did not have to pay extra.

Moral of the story......STEER CLEAR OF MACK CAMERA AND ITS WARRANTIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

mirrodie
2007-11-11, 01:53 PM
I am daring to revive this thread.

Mike, prior to your Mack experience, I'd already bought the warranty.

Got a question. I have the 3 yr warranty for digital under $3K. I bought my body and lens the same day. When I went to find info online, only my camera body serial comes up, not the lens. Is it possible the lens might not be covered??! Reading the warranty end to end was fruitless. Any input?

FlyingColors
2007-11-11, 03:10 PM
I hope its revived all the time to help others!

It very well may be only the camera.
It's going to be all about what you can prove on paper.
Guess you could ask them, God be with you my son!

mirrodie
2007-11-11, 10:40 PM
Been searching for the receipt but truth be told, I gotta tell you, I am not looking forward to sending it out either way :shock:

FlyingColors
2007-11-11, 11:26 PM
Been searching for the receipt but truth be told, I gotta tell you, I am not looking forward to sending it out either way :shock:

Know what- why don't you run your issue by Canon and get a quote for service.
Sometimes you might get a comp!
If not you will get a no charge cost of repair. All it could cost you is the shipping and a few days or week or 2.

With Mack you have a 99% chance of nightmaire service, returned in worse shape/new problems, and taking months on end!
Want bad news: google Mack service with their address/phone # and see the tons of horror stories on them.
Might be well off to cut your losses and not add to them!

"AND........any MACK warranty holds the right to VOID your warranty IF they allegedly see/find ONE speck of grit/sand. That's just wonderful, they are their own judge,jury and executioner. NICE! And you have no say."

mirrodie
2007-11-12, 09:56 AM
MIke, I'll look into it regarding Canon. I was going ot look for hte Mack receipt btut considering the amount of time it took for you, I don't want to deal with it.

From day 1, how long did you have to deal with them?

Calling Canon later :)
Thanks.
Mario

NIKV69
2007-11-12, 10:36 AM
Though I have had my issues with Nikon regarding their skills dealing with customers. (They have subbed out their phone in CS and it sucks) The work they do on equipment is the best and prices are reasonable. In or outside of warranty I would not let anyone outside of Nikon touch my stuff. I let Berger Bros do a cleaning and for the most spot they did a decent job but the real trouble dust spots are sill visable though not as bad. Seeing the D70 is horrid with dust not entirely their fault but I still can't get the feeling they did a half ass job. From here on out I will just drop my stuff off in Melville and let them do the work.

mirrodie
2007-11-12, 12:01 PM
Well Canon is moving to Melville. Too bad their repair facilities are not coming with them.

FlyingColors
2007-11-23, 05:27 PM
So, what did you do after all??????????????????????

mirrodie
2007-11-23, 05:41 PM
Nothing yet.

But I did email mack regarding my warranty. That was back on Nov. 12. I still never received an email.

So I will have to contact Canon and prefer to deal with them direct. The $80 warranty that I paid and won't use is an acceptable GAIN, IMO.

Thanks Mike. Will have to contact Canon soon

FlyingColors
2007-11-23, 09:26 PM
Ahhh, they are showing off their true colors right off the bat.

Lesson for all here to know!

mirrodie
2007-11-23, 10:13 PM
Ahhh, they are showing off their true colors right off the bat.

Lesson for all here to know!

That's exactly it Mike. I mean, if they can't answer back a simple email, then they are nuts if they think I'll give them my business.

FLICKS
2007-12-18, 08:59 AM
Mack Camera Experience Is A Disaster
Below is my camera I sent to Mack Camera for repair (taken off Mack Repair Web Site) it will be going on two months Date Entered: 10/30/07 and the camera has not been looked at. I called numerous times talk to a Manager Sandra she promised me that the camera will be repaired three weeks ago and sent back to me now she will not respond to my emails or phone calls. I use this camera has my main camera for work I am a Press Photographer and I have begged Mack to please please repair my camera and send it back. I will keep everyone posted and see if I do receive my camera back repaired one thing good the major newspaper I work for wants to do a feature story on Mack I said lets see and wait. Below is a copy of the email from Mack I omitted the serial number and work order number for obvious reasons. This experience has been a disaster for me and my family :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Date Entered: 10/30/07

Equipment Item 1
Make CANON
Model EOS1 D MARK II
As Of Date 12/17/07
Status Location: SHIPPING
Notes The unit is in line for a technician to be repaired.

FlyingColors
2007-12-18, 10:25 AM
Hi and welcome.

If at all possible you should go there and just collect your camear as is, and send it to Canon.
Because you know what, Its going to have to go to Canon 9 out of 10 times after the Mack butcher gets done with it.

Cut your losses and move on, get your camera back!

I wish B&H would stop pushing this warranty company. It makes them look bad for selling it.

mirrodie
2007-12-18, 02:26 PM
good the major newspaper I work for wants to do a feature story on Mack I said lets see and wait

I do hope an expose of some sort is done. With SO many negative marks and bad experiences, I'm surprised they are still in business.

And yes Mike, I do agree B+H should not push them.

I'm surprised we have not heard of any disgruntled customers showing up there yet and going postal on them!