PDA

View Full Version : US Air Post Merger Service at JFK

Nycfly75
2005-08-28, 06:36 PM
Does anyone have an idea about US Air's plans for JFK service post merger? Will they supplement America West's existing service with some more orginal US Air routes?

Vin

LGA777
2005-08-28, 06:58 PM
Nothing is planned for the short term. There are several obstacles. Both carriers are reducing the size of the fleet, this week US retired two 319's (To Germanwings) and two 733's and one 734. This is part of the plan to emerge from chap 11. The other is gates, HP at JFK is in Terminal 7 which is primarily BA and UA but numerous other carriers operate at T7 so I doubt many flights could be added due to high gate utilization and I believe the gates HP uses are shared .The most likely if anything would be CR7/CR9's or E-170's to CLT Hopefully down the road some service to the Caribbean could be added, i would love to see JFK-SDQ with a 757 !

Regards

LGA777

PhilDernerJr
2005-08-28, 09:09 PM
I'd only see a drastic change coming if they are able to remove the perimeter rule at LGA, allowing more flights to the other side of the country.

cancidas
2005-08-28, 11:19 PM
the loss of the perimeter rule would be very interesting. perhaps we would add nonstops to the west coast. I would love to be able to fly LGA-PHX-MRY. driving to JFK is a drag sometimes.