PDA

View Full Version : Embraer Invasion

PhilDernerJr
2005-08-27, 11:00 AM
Wow, I knew US Airways was using them, Air Canada, JetBlue, and now I am surprised to see this:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/907552/L/

I wonder if we can expect to see these at LGA anytime.

These things are popping up everywhere.

Tower Air
2005-08-27, 11:18 AM
That's nice!

LGA777
2005-08-27, 12:01 PM
Phil, those aircraft are going to be flown initially on long haul routes out of SLC to IND/CMH/DTW plus 1 r/t DTW-CVG. As DL has only 2 CRJ-700's a day at LGA I doubt we will see them here any time soon. You really should take a ride on one they are so cool to fly on and the large windows are perfect for out the window photography.

LGA777

lijk604
2005-08-28, 11:48 AM
Don't forget they are operating into HPN in UA Express colors too!

T-Bird76
2005-08-28, 06:51 PM
Phil your title correctly sums is up. I'd would have added one thing however "surprise invasion". If you’re sitting in Chicago or France you have to be shaking your head saying "man we missed out". Boeing and Airbus missed the boat on this one big time. The expansion of the ERJ market is simply blinding. You have ERJ's working routes that for years were Boeing territory and you have to look at the great impact. First off for every ERJ order you have to wonder how much money our economy has lost if Boeing had developed a similar regional jet? Now Embraer is moving into markets that may very well threaten the 737 and A320 series markets. This was a surprise attack that both Boeing and Airbus has lost.

cancidas
2005-08-28, 11:15 PM
they would be nice to see here at LGA. then again, our's are coming in a week. oh yea, that reminds me. i'm off to IND to learn the airplane tommorow...