PDA

View Full Version : Toronto: Sept 30th-Oct 2nd



eric8669
08-22-2005, 09:22 AM
I am planning a trip up to Toronto for Friday Sept 30th through Sunday the 2nd.

Airliners Int'l Toronto will be going on that weekend. Anybody interested in meeting up there for some spotting.


Eric

jakbar
08-22-2005, 11:27 AM
How are you getting there, and where are you staying?

eric8669
08-22-2005, 12:27 PM
Josh,

I will be flying, I have a voucher with American Airlines that I am going to use. I don't no where I am staying as of yet, probably somewhere around the airport.

The Show is at the Holiday Inn East.



Eric

jakbar
08-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Rich from YVR suggested that there are some "establishments" near the airport that are worth visiting on Saturday evening. I'm up for that! :)

I'll check out the airfare, and if the prices are cheap I may go. I'd have to fly up on Friday evening since I have work on Friday.

Were you planning to rent a car? I think YYZ is a spread-out airport and that you'd need a car to get around.

Josh

eric8669
08-22-2005, 12:50 PM
Josh,

I will probably rent a car, I was looking at the packages for hotel and Car on Expedia. It was about $150+ for the Room and a car.


Eric

jakbar
08-22-2005, 01:00 PM
I assume we (and I guess another person, if someone else decides to go) could split the cost of the car/hotel?

The lowest fare I found was approx. $230 on American. The outbound flight gets to YYZ around 9:30pm on Friday (departing LGA at 7:59pm). The return flight leaves YYZ around 5:30pm on Sunday. What was your plan in terms of flight times?

eric8669
08-22-2005, 01:06 PM
well I have off that Friday, so I was going to take a look at some morning flights and on the return I was looking at that 5:30 flight for the return.


by the way nice shot of Wunala, mine is still in the queue.



Eric

Futterman
08-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Air Canada has an RT fare of US$257.93...but what I found interesting was that the return flights on Sunday afternoon/evening were a combination of A319s, A320s, E175s, and CRJ-700s.

Hmmm... :)

Chances are I won't be able to go, but I won't know for sure until a week or so before.

When are you going down under, Josh?

Brian

jakbar
08-22-2005, 01:48 PM
Eric, I'll let you know in a few days whether I'll be able to go. It sounds like if I do go you'd have to pick me up at the airport on Friday night! :)

Brian, I'm leaving for the land down under on October 22.

Josh