PDA

View Full Version : TACA or LACSA?

jakbar
2005-08-10, 07:06 PM
A friend of mine is flying to Quito, Ecuador in September, and his itinerary shows both TACA and LACSA as the airline he is flying on out of JFK. The itinerary says it is flight number 661, departing JFK at 6:40 a.m. The flight stops at San Jose, Costa Rica on the way down to Quito (no change of planes, though). The itinerary lists the aircraft type as an Airbus A320 100/200.

I've never been out to JFK at 6:40 a.m. for departures, so I know nothing about this flight. I'm gonna head out to catch this departure for my friend, though, so does anyone know what I should be looking for?

Josh

cancidas
2005-08-10, 09:45 PM
akbar said:

I've never been out to JFK at 6:40 a.m. for departures, so I know nothing about this flight. I'm gonna head out to catch this departure for my friend, though, so does anyone know what I should be looking for?

LIAR! you forget the time i dragged my ass out there to pick you up and found the guard at your place asleep? anyway... just wanted to say that cuz i have no idea as to your looking for.

jakbar
2005-08-10, 10:42 PM
LIAR! you forget the time i dragged my ass out there to pick you up and found the guard at your place asleep?

I remember it fondly. But we weren't out spotting at 6:40a.m. Sure, we may have been out there only a little later after we ate breakfast, but I don't recall seeing a TACA or LACSA plane depart.

Josh

Tom_Turner
2005-08-10, 11:29 PM
Josh -

I had thought (for some reason) most/some of the LACSA flights were TACA titled aircraft - but I do seem recall Art (Brett) shot a LACSA at JFK a couple of years back.

-Tom

AAGold
2005-08-11, 01:56 AM
Yes, they are kind of interchangeable :) Whether it's TACA or LACSA the aircraft markings are the same with the exception of the name. The OAG shows the flight as LACSA and I have seen them at JFK, but lately the only ones I've seen are TACA. Here's one from a couple years ago.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/332579/L/

See, the same just the name is different.

Art

cancidas
2005-08-11, 11:37 AM
detail....

jakbar
2005-08-11, 12:14 PM
I don't even understand the whole TACA/LACSA/Grupo TACA relationship, so I'll just go out there and shoot whatever I can!

cancidas
2005-08-11, 07:01 PM
that's the attitude josh!! way to go!!