PDA

View Full Version : Flight Logs?

Fly1346
2005-08-09, 03:12 PM
Hi, Does anyone here keep a flight log, which they ask the pilot to fill out? I was wondering what to put on mine, and when to ask the pilot to fill it out since I am flying PK 718 this Friday. Finally get to fly on a 777 :D

jakbar
2005-08-10, 11:25 AM
I've seen Brian Futterman use something like a flight log that he hands to pilots. Perhaps he can tell you where he got it.

cancidas
2005-08-11, 11:45 AM
i have my own logbook that i fill out when i fly. not the same thing though...

Futterman
2005-08-11, 06:29 PM
That's nice, Matt.

Fly1346, I created my own log sheet off something I saw of Sam Chui's, and I hand it to my pilots before the flight. After a brief introduction, it just has blank spaces for some general information:

AIRLINE/FLIGHT:
DATE:
ROUTE:
CAPTAIN’S NAME:
BASED OUT OF:
FIRST OFFICER’S NAME: BASED OUT OF:
AIRCRAFT TYPE:
D. GATE:
STD:
ATD:
TAXI TIME:
FLIGHT TIME:
STA:
ATA:
A. GATE:
SPEED (IAS/TAS/MACH):
FL:
DEPARTURE RUNWAY:
SID (IF ANY):
ARRIVAL RUNWAY:
STAR (IF ANY):
NUMBER OF PASSENGERS:
NUMBER OF CREW:
TOTAL MILEAGE:
TOTAL FLIGHT TIME:
OTHER INFORMATION/ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:

I don't fly very often, but nine times out of ten, the crew has no qualms about completing any of the fields. It's also a great way to start schmoozing up in the flight deck. :)

Brian

Fly1346
2005-08-12, 01:50 AM
Thanks Brian! I copied Sam Chui's log also, the one on his Concorde trip! I also added some extra info, such as total amount of fuel, fuel consumed, and a kind request for letting me get a cockpit visit sometime in the flight. Thanks!

cancidas
2005-08-12, 02:10 AM
fly1346, you won't get a cockpit visit inflight. only flight crew members, and certain other persons are alowed up there once the plane pushes off the gate.

Fly1346
2005-08-12, 10:13 AM
Matt, I got one before on PIA on the 747-300. I just spoke to the flight attendent, and advised him on how I was a aviation enthusiast, and he spoke to the captain, and he let me in. This was post 9-11. Summer of 2003 actually! :D

cancidas
2005-08-12, 11:48 AM
notice the carrier that let you on. in this country on an american carrier you're going to have a hard time. mauybe you'll find someone who is willing to bend the rules but don't expect that to be the norm...