PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: FLight reviews to/from NYC

RDU-JFK
2005-08-08, 10:54 AM
Hi all:

I think we should have a forum where we can review and discuss recent flights we've flown on to/from NYC airports. What do you guys think? We can talk about our experiences driving to the airport, check-in, terminal evaluation, and of course the flight itself.

K9DEP
2005-08-09, 10:39 AM
Or even better we could get a chat room for NYCAVIATION

PhilDernerJr
2005-08-09, 12:15 PM
I've been throwing the idea of a trip report forum around inside my head for a little while. The thing is that when I look at other topics that exist throughout the boards, it doesn't seem like there are enough discussions about it to warrant its own forum.

That is generally how new forums are created; seeing enough threads in a forum that all pertain to the same thing to warrant a new forum for itself.

I would also make a new forum when an existing forum starts to get a little too full. I'll then choose the most common kind of topic in there and give it its own forum. I did this with the Spotting Planning and Review forum recently.

As for a chat room, I don't think we get enough people that log in at once to warrant that either, just yet at least. That would only be worth it if we had at least 8-10 people logged in consistently.