PDA

View Full Version : ISP Spotting Spots

eheik
2005-07-30, 09:51 AM
Does anyone know any good locations for spotting around ISP? I live closer to it than the NYC airports...plus I am a big SWA fan. Thanks

N790SW
2005-07-30, 10:53 AM
hey i am a bid swa fan too- but ur not gunna get ANYWHERE at ISP - as soon as they see you standing there they will ask you to leave - its not good to spot at ISP

NIKV69
2005-07-30, 06:57 PM
Does anyone know any good locations for spotting around ISP? I live closer to it than the NYC airports...plus I am a big SWA fan. Thanks

Oh No, another WN fan! :roll:

Joey Grant we need you!

There a couple of good spots, the bank mainly, I got this shot there and want to go back to get a better quality one for anet hopefully with one of their special liveries

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=469119

and you will get hassled but stand your ground. Your allowed to take pics and are doing nothing wrong!

T-Bird76
2005-07-30, 09:59 PM
Depending on how well you know the area there are plenty of side streets and Connetquot High School provides a good location for arrivals on 6 but they do have the right to ask you to leave during the normal school year. The problem with spotting at ISP is you have absolutely no variety at all, the departures and arrivals are to scattered, and SCPD has nothing better to do with their time then to harass you. Hell once you see one new color and one old color WN bird you’re pretty much done for the day.

IslipWN
2005-07-31, 12:50 AM
hey i am a bid swa fan too- but ur not gunna get ANYWHERE at ISP - as soon as they see you standing there they will ask you to leave - its not good to spot at ISP

Actually, not really. The bank is probably your best bet, although I would think they would get suspicious if you stood there with a camera for a long time. Believe it or not, I didn't see anyone of any relation to securty after screening in both terminals.

N790SW
2005-07-31, 04:28 PM
Actually, not really. The bank is probably your best bet, although I would think they would get suspicious if you stood there with a camera for a long time. Believe it or not, I didn't see anyone of any relation to securty after screening in both terminals.

yea i have seen N418WN land near that area too- but would authorities ask you to leave though ???? cuz id love to get some good shots at ISP

http://myaviation.net/?pid=00362347 here is a good shot i got of ISP wile in N790SW ( flt 943 ISP-BWI)

IslipWN
2005-07-31, 06:05 PM
Too bad the clouds were in the way because than you would be able to see the terminal, and not just the edge of the runways.