PDA

View Full Version : unimpressed by my skills

cancidas
2005-07-06, 11:38 PM
the other day i was walking with someone in the hallways in my terminal, and with the doors leading outside open you can hear everything that goes on on the ramp. i heard a CRJ-200 pulling into one of our gates, 7B to be exact. now, when i realized that i blurted it out as usual to the person that i was walking with. when we got to the door outside she loked over and sure enough i was right on the money. now, of course i have been there a while and i know a/c well, but to most of the people i work with being able to tell a/c apart just by the sounds of thier engine/apu or by landng lights while they're on approach is jsut sad. to that i say bahumbug, but still doubt that this ability will actually come in useful someday. :roll:

PhilDernerJr
2005-07-06, 11:44 PM
There are certain planes thatI can ident by sound as well.

US Airways Airbuses sound unique, of course the MD-80s do, as well as 767s and most prop planes.

cancidas
2005-07-07, 12:50 AM
sadly though i acn tell the difference between a piper archer and a cessna 172, a DHC-8 and a SAAB 340, etc...

Derf
2005-07-07, 10:00 AM
sadly though i acn tell the difference between a piper archer and a cessna 172, a DHC-8 and a SAAB 340, etc...

That Rocks! I can tell the differences in the sounds of aircraft too, but NOT NEAR THAT GOOD! ROCK ON!