PDA

View Full Version : Spirit A319 using JFK 22L approach for LGA

UrbanExplorer222
2005-06-29, 04:56 PM
Ok heres the story. I was just standing outside in my backyard taking pictures of the approaching storm. I see a 757 flying low turning west, thats when i realized they're using 22L. So i decided to take some approach shots, and vids. ABout 20 mins later im waiting for traffic. I hear a Spirit transmit, ever new yorker spotter knows spirit doesnt fly into jfk, unless its a diversion. ANyways about 5 mins later a Spirit 319 flew directly over my house. I live in East Northport... as if it was gonna land 22L @ JFK.. now watching it on the passur tracker. It eventually did go to LGA. WHy did it use the approach for jfk?

Matt Molnar
2005-06-29, 11:11 PM
Crazy weather. Maybe it diverted to JFK and couldn't land there either.

USAF Pilot 07
2005-06-30, 01:50 AM
It may not have used a JFK approach..

With the crazy weather, it's possible it was vectored up further East and then flew a route similar to planes landing at JFK, but only to LGA.

What time did this happen? If I could look it up on Passur, I could probably give you a better idea.

cancidas
2005-07-06, 11:21 PM
more than likely it was being vectored around, or could have even been in a hold over the JFK VOR. it wouldn't surpirise me one bit. what altitude was the plane at?