PDA

View Full Version : Photos That Hurt

PhilDernerJr
2005-06-08, 01:19 AM
I was looking at pics on some sites of N311TZ, an ATA 738 that was taken away from them.

It's sad how my stomach dropped when I saw it in the Jet Airways scheme. Wow I miss that plane.

Certain registrations of ATA 738s have a personal feeling to me becuase of the photos of mine that I've gotten from them...and then to see that they essentially don't exist...bothers the hell out of me.

Anyone else ever feel that?

cancidas
2005-06-08, 11:05 AM
i feel the same way when i see pix of great airlines that used to be. even more so, i get that feeling when i waslk around in the hangars at work. the EA one is gone, replaced by our terminal but the old TWA and AA nes still exist. shame...

T-Bird76
2005-06-09, 10:18 PM
Its not a picture that does it for me but a building, T5 at JFK. Every time I go past TWA's old terminal its sad, just sitting there empty with the old TWA signs still hanging. I've been flying out of T5 from when I was a kid going on family vacations, a teen flying to Europe for the summer, a college student going on spring break trips, and an adult traveling on biz and pleasure. The lines were always long but there was just something that echoed a long exciting journey on an airplane when you flew out of that terminal. I remember how great it was during the international departure bank looking at the oval departure board and seeing cities like London, Paris, Rome, Athens, Cairo, Madrid, and Lisbon and then hearing the boarding announcements "TWA flight 882 with service to Paris now boarding". Out of all the terminals at JFK T5's history and emotion is second to known. Getting there was half the fun when you left out of T5.

moose135
2005-06-09, 11:37 PM
I hear you T-Bird. Dad worked for TWA @ JFK, so I spent lots of time going through the place. Every summer we would take one or two trips. Sad to see it empty, but suprised to see the signs still up there.