PDA

View Full Version : JFK Spotting May 20-22

2005-05-06, 07:46 AM
Came here after posting on A.net!

I am wondering if any JFK spotters would have the courtesy of helping me find my way around the JFK spots while spotting for about half a day. It will be between the 20th and 22nd and I'll be with my new DSLR and lens.

If anyone would like to arrange something, feel free to contact me at [email protected]. I don't have much time in NY and it is my parents' anniversary so that's why only half-day spotting....... also, just to let you know we'll be coming from Forest Hills over to JFK.

Thanks very much,
Martin

Futterman
2005-05-06, 10:11 AM
I don't drive, but should definitely be able to accompany Josh if he's able to meet up with you.

More importantly, though, where in Forest Hills are you coming from? I live in Forest Hills! PM me, send me an email ([email protected]), or post here and that might make transportation a lot easier if you're going to be around the corner from me or something.

Seeya then,

Brian

jakbar
2005-05-06, 10:57 AM
I don't drive, but should definitely be able to accompany Josh if he's able to meet up with you.

If it's on the 21st (Saturday) or the 22nd (Sunday), I can probably get out there for a half-day. Friday the 20th would be impossible, as I have to work.

Josh

Futterman
2005-05-06, 01:36 PM
Yeah, I have school on Friday so the weekend of the 21st and 22nd is the only good time for me, too.

2005-05-06, 04:31 PM
Hmm...... I am coming from near the intersection of Yellowstone Blvd. and 68th....... about the spotting, we will have a car since we're driving down, so if you want to hitch a ride futt, you'll only have to pay for the gas :D :lol:

jakbar
2005-05-06, 04:41 PM
so if you want to hitch a ride futt, you'll only have to pay for the gas :D :lol:

Why would he pay for gas when he's got his own personal chauffeur (i.e., me)? :)

2005-05-06, 06:27 PM
so if you want to hitch a ride futt, you'll only have to pay for the gas :D :lol:

Why would he pay for gas when he's got his own personal chauffeur (i.e., me)? :)

Even better :D
Now if we could meet up somewhere one of those days that would be great! Us 3 can trade contact info and arrange something the 20th, or the evening of the 19th!

my email is [email protected] i can email my cell# and phone# where i'm staying if either of you email me

jakbar
2005-05-06, 07:08 PM
Now if we could meet up somewhere one of those days that would be great! Us 3 can trade contact info and arrange something the 20th, or the evening of the 19th!

I think you meant arrange something for the 21st or 22nd, not the 20th, right? Both Brian and I are unavailable on Friday the 20th (Brian has school, and I have work), but the weekend should be fine. Indeed, if you're in Forest Hills, I can pick Brian up on Saturday or Sunday and then we can pick you up if you'd like that.

my email is [email protected] i can email my cell# and phone# where i'm staying if either of you email me

I think you've already got my e-mail address, if I'm not mistaken (I think we swapped e-mails about what kind of Nikon lenses I use with my D100). In any event, my e-mail is [email protected] (and Brian's is listed in his profile), so feel free to e-mail me with your phone numbers. As that weekend gets closer, let me and Brian know which day -- Saturday or Sunday -- you'd prefer, and what times you'd like to be out at JFK. I'd say that the "best" time to be out there is after 1pm, as the morning is kinda dull. So if you could do an afternoon (1pm-7pm), you'd probably see some good stuff. I think Brian, if given the choice between Saturday and Sunday afternoon, will likely want to go out on Sunday to catch Qantas arrive at 5pm (it doesn't arrive on Saturday). He keeps hoping that the Big Red Machine will show up one of these days... :)

Josh