PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Sight

PhilDernerJr
2005-04-27, 02:11 PM
I was walking down I think 29th Street yesterday with a date on our way to eat when I look towards the street on my right and saw a lady laying in the middle of the road.

No emergency crews there yet, but a small group of people nearby, one calling 911, and just looking down at her. Must have happened seconds before I walked up.

I left my date on the sidewalk and walked over to the woman. Early 30s maybe, eyes open, motionless. The gentleman that checked her pulse said she was alive, and a sudden twitched of the neck showed some kind of activity going on in her body.

The people standing around kept looking up at the building, becuase no one knew where she came from.

For her to be in the middle of the street, I doubt she jumped. In order to have gotten that far into the street, she'd have had to have jumped form a pretty high floor, and if she did that, she wouldnt' have been as intact.

I saw a shoe about 20 feet away, and figured it was a hit and run with a car.

I walked back to my date, who is new in this city and has never seen anythign like that. There was little I could do at this point so we moved along. I felt bad that I let my date see that and even worse that I have become to caloused to such sights. I see a woman who was barely alive and I'm so calm about it.

Conor Clancy
2005-04-27, 02:38 PM
Oh my god that's terrible.

Just the fact that her eyes were open would have sent me over the edge.

My family and I were on the entrance ramp to the Southern State Pkwy a few years ago and a car flipped over on the other side of the road. To know that someone was in that car...It was surreal. Come to think of it...I don't know what happened after the paramedics came.

Matt Molnar
2005-04-27, 05:15 PM
From today's Post:

SUICIDE PLUNGE AT HOTEL

By BRIGITTE WILLIAMS and JOE McGURK

April 27, 2005 -- A woman plunged to her death last night from the roof of a 12-story Manhattan hotel in an apparent suicide, cops said.
The unidentified blonde, described as being in her 40s, had apparently gone to the roof of the Hotel Thirty Thirty at 29 E. 29th St. because the windows of the rooms there only open 10 inches, police said.

She landed on 29th Street.

Police closed off the street for several hours as stunned tourists huddled outside the hotel.

"You've got to be pretty depressed to jump from a building," said a tourist from London, who did not want to be identified.

Police said it was unclear whether the woman left a note.

Her passport was found, but cops would not say whether she was an American citizen.

Police withheld her name pending notification of her family.

Hotel officials refused to comment.

The building, previously known as the Martha Washington Hotel, was built in 1902.

The hotel opened in 1903 and only housed female guests.

It was gutted and renamed the Hotel Thirty Thirty in August 2003.

PhilDernerJr
2005-04-28, 12:06 AM
Holy ****. Ok, she was dead, guys. I was wrong, she jumped.

She was in pretty good shape for someone that jumped 12 stories.

If I wasn't paying so much attention to my date, I'd probably have seen it happen.

PhilDernerJr
2005-04-28, 12:17 AM
I also want to add that I've stayed at the Thirty Thirty hotel, and it's one of the places that I recommend to people...I even mentioned it to Ryan and Spencer when they were trying to figure out which hotel to stay at.

Vodkagirlkris
2005-04-28, 11:11 AM
That's terrible. But I think most people that live in New York are so desensitized to dead people that your reaction would have been the reaction of most people here. I saw the guy the jumped off that building on Bell Blvd. a few years ago. I just kept walking and I was like 15 when the happened. It's a bit sad.