PDA

View Full Version : Your Cell Phone Carrier

PhilDernerJr
2005-04-20, 03:00 PM
What cell phone service do you guys have?

I have T-Mobile, which I really enjoy. I get unlimited text messaging, 600 anytime and free nights and weekends for a total of about $63 a month after taxes.

May will be the one year mark for me, and then I'm getting a phone upgrade.

Also, help me convince Art to stop using NExtel or to keep his phone on more. :lol:

USAF Pilot 07
2005-04-20, 03:57 PM
I've got Sprint. I've noticed they've gotten a lot better in the city over the last 5 years, plus I like their service plan.

Their nationwide service is one of the best, with a lot of coverage. Being in the military, right now in Colorado, the people I call often have cell phone area codes from their respective areas (for example I kept my 646 area code even though the local AC here is 719). I also end up having to call people all over the country and it's a lot easier to have a good service plan and carrier. Sprint has worked real well for me. I would recommend them to anyone, especially those who travel frequently.

Futterman
2005-04-20, 10:50 PM
My pocket. :wink:

jakbar
2005-04-20, 11:38 PM
Phil, I think I have exactly the same T-Mobile plan as you. Wow, we're like blood brothers or something.

IslipWN
2005-04-21, 12:15 AM
I have Verizon all the way!!!

Steven Holzinger
2005-04-21, 12:18 AM
Verizon Wireless. My plan has 400 peak minutes, unlimited nights/weekends, unlimited IN calling (can call any other Verizon Wireless person and not have the minutes charged against the peak minutes), and 1,000 text messages. I couldn't tell you what the bill runs, since a couple months ago I upgraded the text messages and the last month I went over on peak minutes. That's a $78 phone bill I got to pay by the end of the month.

I don't necessarily lose calls, but when I do, its usually because of the person on the other end. I have lost calls from entering tunnels, particularly the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel's two tunnels and the Hampton Roads Bridge-Tunnel.

Matt Molnar
2005-04-21, 12:26 AM
I have Nextel, but unless they complete this Sprint deal really soon and improve service and phone selection, I'm going to buy out my contract because I really hate them.

Vodkagirlkris
2005-04-21, 07:26 AM
Verizon is the only way to go.

moose135
2005-04-21, 11:37 AM
I had AT&T for about 4 years, but it suddenly became Cingular (well, after their merger). Same service though. 200+ anytime minutes, unlimited nights & weekends, free long distance. With a corporate discount, it's $35 (tax included) per month.

Conor Clancy
2005-04-21, 06:35 PM
Verizon Wireless, ex-T-Mobile customer.

cancidas
2005-04-21, 11:23 PM
nextel, and absolutely love it. i don't know what so many people have against them, but i don't know how i could live without it. then again, i have a corporate plan so maybe it's a little better for me. i even get service in the subways sometimes. i've had conversations on the two-way while on the platform in grand central station.

oh yea, just about everyone at my job uses nextel so it's easy to communicate with them all.

Tower Air
2005-05-22, 02:45 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/Ntoconeyisland/cell%20phones/Mycellphone.jpg

mine is a cingular

Fly1346
2005-05-22, 04:42 PM
T-mobile.... I hate it, I never have service!

T-Bird76
2005-05-22, 11:32 PM
I have Verizon, had them for the past eight years, can't complain. They do call me all the time wanting me to up my plan however.

PhilDernerJr
2005-05-23, 03:18 AM
T-mobile.... I hate it, I never have service!

I realy think it depends on the phone. I have T-Mobile and I had AWESOME service with the cheap phone that came with my plan.

Then I "upgraded" and now my reception isn't all that great.

hiss srq
2006-11-25, 08:56 PM
I have Sprint and for the two phone lines I have I am paying nearly 120 a month or so right now. Nuts! Do not use Sprint

T-Bird76
2006-11-25, 09:11 PM
I have Sprint and for the two phone lines I have I am paying nearly 120 a month or so right now. Nuts! Do not use Sprint

Hiss why do you need two phones? Its a dam cell phone their portable that's the point.

hiss srq
2006-11-25, 09:14 PM
I use one for personal purposes the other one.... I am still figureing that one out. I barely use it except for that it is the number my company calls me on and I get my live football scores on. Otherwise I am not sure.

Mellyrose
2006-11-25, 09:50 PM
So you have 2 phones, one for personal and the other one you're not sure? I don't get it. Also, for 2 lines, $120 a month is really quite good. We're on a family plan and pay a bit more than that for our 2 lines. It's pretty standard to pay at least $60 a month for a cell phone nowadays.

moose135
2006-11-25, 10:25 PM
It's pretty standard to pay at least $60 a month for a cell phone nowadays.

Really? I have a Cingular plan (used to be on AT&T until they merged) and I recently upgraded to the newer GSM (?) service. With 450 anytime and 5000 night & weekend minutes, plus no charge long distance and nationwide no-roaming, I pay $39.99 + tax with a free phone.

Mellyrose
2006-11-25, 10:38 PM
I guess I meant to say that it's standard with features like unlimited (or even just packaged) text messages, and more daytime minutes....usually if you're using your cell phone as your primary line.

NcSchu
2006-11-25, 11:02 PM
I use Virgin Mobile because it's the cheapest for someone who only uses it a couple times a week. The service and the phones are terrible though.

Alex T
2006-11-26, 12:21 AM
I use verizon wireless for me.

I just upgraded to a free phone too.

LG VX8300 I really enjoy it so far.

Alex

yaas
2006-12-30, 05:19 PM
I recently did some research and found out about Sprint's SERO plan. It's a friends and family thing for Sprint employees but they had a holiday special opening it up for the public- you just had to know how to enter the site. Go here for details: http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread ... 0&t=385350 (http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=385350)

I ended up getting a Moto KRZR for only $197. After a $75 and $150 mail-in rebate, I'll get an extra $28 back plus the phone will be free. Unfortunately I found out how sh*tty razr/krzr phones are and I'm going to call Sprint to exchange it for a Treo 700wx. Of all the years I've been with Sprint I've loved the service and my phones. This is the first time I've been this unsatisfied with a new phone purchase.

As for my plan, it couldn't get any sweeter. I have 500 anytime minutes, unlimited nights & weekends starting at 7pm, unlimited sprint mobile to mobile calling, roaming included, unlimited power vision access (mobile web), unlimited picture mail, aaaand 500 free text messages per month. Guess how much I pay pre-tax...

...$30! For all of that. It was the best deal of the year ;) Everything was included in the $30 plan except for the texting. I got the free texting just for being nice to the account services rep I spoke to. I was talking to one guy and asked if texting was included and he said no and gave me the price plans for texting. I said alright and told him to add the $5 for 300 texts to my plan. After the call I checked out my plan online and didn't see anything abou texting so I called back and spoke to another guy. I asked him if the previous guy added texting and he said "no he didn't, but I'll give you 500 free a month... just because I'm in a giving mood". That was pretty awesome of him.