Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 28th and 29th

Thanks to everyone in this forum I stayed in the know all weekend and a BIG thank you to Chris S for posting the 9am departure time! After a late party night, we rolled out of bed and flew up to Republic just in time to watch the BA’s leave Long Island…it was spectacular!!!
    Last edited by mazgirl10; 2022-05-30 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mazgirl10 View Post
    Thanks to everyone in this forum I stayed in the know all weekend and a BIG thank you to Chris S for posting the 9am departure time! After a late party night, we rolled out of bed and flew up to Republic just in time to watch the BA’s leave Long Island…it was spectacular!!!
    You're welcome! Glad you caught the Blues takeoff just before 9AM today and Fat Albert's takeoff shortly after.

BTW, talked to the Growler pilots today at the AAM and they said they'll be taking off from FRG at 7:30AM on Tuesday morning. They will actually be heading out east to ISP to fuel up there first,
    before they finally depart ISP between 8:30- 9:00AM if all goes well, and then head back out west to their homebase at NAS Whidbey Island in WA.
    I'm not sure if the F-35C Demo team took off from ISP today or not, but the F-22 Demo team should be departing ISP sometime on Tues. morning also, but haven't heard any actual time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    You're welcome! Glad you caught the Blues takeoff just before 9AM today and Fat Albert's takeoff shortly after.

BTW, talked to the Growler pilots today at the AAM and they said they'll be taking off from FRG at 7:30AM on Tuesday morning. They will actually be heading out east to ISP to fuel up there first,
    before they finally depart ISP between 8:30- 9:00AM if all goes well, and then head back out west to their homebase at NAS Whidbey Island in WA.
    I'm not sure if the F-35C Demo team took off from ISP today or not, but the F-22 Demo team should be departing ISP sometime on Tues. morning also, but haven't heard any actual time.
    Wow Thanks again for the info Chris.

Never saw the Growlers this morning not sure if their plans changed, but the F-35's took off around 8:30am and the F22's around 9am from Islip. Thanks again for the info Chris

I only heard them in West Babylon around 8:35 prob heading West… they were loud!

Yeah, the Growlers were running late cause first they did like a 30 minute interview with Danielle Campbell of News 12
    and then when they were checking the jet out they needed a wet/vac to clean something from the jet exhaust area.
    And yes, they finally took off at 8:35 on RWY 14.

Quote Originally Posted by bgny61 View Post
    Never saw the Growlers this morning not sure if their plans changed, but the F-35's took off around 8:30am and the F22's around 9am from Islip. Thanks again for the info Chris
    Growlers, and Lightnings and Raptors , OH MY !!!! Sounds like ISP was the place to be this morning between 8:30 - 10:30AM !!
    First the F-35Cs taking off, then the Growlers landing, and then the Raptors taking off and a lil later the Growlers taking off from ISP too!
    BTW, did the F-35Cs and F-22s, EA-18s all use RWY 24 ? Hope someone was lucky enough to get pics of all of them taking off today!

Can anyone confirm the Growlers actually landed at ISP, cause I'm hearing they may have had a change of plans
    on where they actually went for fuel after they departed FRG this morning??

BTW, News 12 showed the Growlers takeoffs from FRG from earlier this morning on their afternoon show,
    but they didn't show any coverage of the interviews she did with the pilots yet.

FYI- Short interview with the Growler pilot from Long Island and video of the departures this morning was just on the 5PM edition on News 12.

Can anyone confirm the Growlers actually landed at ISP, cause I'm hearing they may have had a change of plans

BTW, News 12 showed the Growlers takeoffs from FRG from earlier this morning on their afternoon show,
    but they didn't show any coverage of the interviews she did with the pilots yet.
    I was out at ISP this morning. never saw the Growlers. I have pics but dont seem to be able to post them here.

Seems odd that they would take off from Republic and refuel at Islip
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Seems odd that they would take off from Republic and refuel at Islip
    Yeah, it was odd how they explained it, but since they weren't part of the actual Air Show where the fuel was provided,
    it sounded like the Government has a better deal for fuel out at ISP, so who knows where they actually got their fuel from??

BTW, after the Blue Angels departed FRG on Tuesday, they did a flyover of the Hudson River in NYC, before heading home to Pensacola.
    Here's a short video I found of it :

Below is a short video News 12 posted of the Growlers departing FRG on Tuesday.
    BTW, if you have any good shots of the Growlers arriving or departing from this year,
    or last year, post them on the thread here. If you're having trouble posting pics here,
    send me a PM, and I'll get you in contact with one of the pilots who's looking forward
    to seeing the shots, especially the arrival shots from last year with the low approaches.

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    BTW, if you have any good shots of the Growlers arriving or departing from this year,
    or last year, post them on the thread here, and I'll get you in contact with one of the pilots who's looking forward
    to seeing the shots, especially the arrival shots from last year with the low approaches.

And from last years arrival:
    Last edited by Joe; 2022-06-02 at 02:52 PM. Reason: added another picture

Great shots Joe!!
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/