Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 28th and 29th

Quote Originally Posted by fieldywanb View Post
    They are about to go up, on the taxiway now
    F-22s just buzzed the runway at ISP

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesubaru View Post
    F-22s just buzzed the runway at ISP
    I guess no flyby for us at republic

Was a treat to see the Blue Angel Diamond take off in the Supers.

Quote Originally Posted by RepublicAviation View Post
    It was considerably louder than the legacy, literally breathtaking.

I live in the Greenlawn area and heard some thunder at 9:05 this morning. Too wooded to see anything, but it went on for ages and didn't sound real close.

It was considerably louder than the legacy, literally breathtaking.
    No doubt about that! Really happy they took off in the 4-ship. In years past on show days they took off single-file.

For those interested, ADSB exchange is showing the solo pilots, however as an unknown aircraft. Over Jones Beach right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RepublicAviation View Post
    Last time they were here and I saw them take off the went staggered one after the other, was cool seeing the diamond again. And the Supers are way louder than the legacy hornet
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    After Fat Albert and the Blues arrive on Thursday between 8:00 - 9:30AM, the 4-ship Diamond is supposed to take off between 10:30 - 10-45AM to do their circles down at Beach starting at 11AM,
    and then 2 solos will follow them between 11:30 - Noon. In the afternoon Fat Albert will practice down at the beach around 1PM, and then the Blue Angels will do a full practice show starting at 2PM.
    I don't know where you got this information, but it proved to be spot on. Thank you again for putting it out there for us...would you happen to have the lotto numbers now?

Went to see the Blues takeoff and land again for their afternoon practice and they flew with 7 jets. When landing one of the jets had to do a go around. I didn’t see it until the number 7 jet flew over me landing and didn’t catch the jet number but possibly 6.

I don't know where you got this information, but it proved to be spot on. Thank you again for putting it out there for us...would you happen to have the lotto numbers now?
    My pleasure !! Very funny, no lottos number but ...
    I did hear the Navy F-35C Demo team is due into ISP around 5:30 - 5:45PM today.

Also, the Blue Angels won't be departing after Sunday's show and will stay over and leave sometime on Monday morning.
    Just got home from the beach and it was a Vapor fest down there, especially with the double sneak pass that included #7 also!
    Hopefully somebody will post some pics of the sneak pass from today!

The F-35s came in a little around 5:40
    Glenn

Hi all. A couple of questions (hopefully someone had this info and is willing to share):

1. Is tomorrow the day the Blue Angels fly out in the morning to go to the Navy graduation? If so, about what time do they leave Republic?

2. Is the full show schedule circulating or does anyone know it? I’m working remotely tomorrow and may try to go back and forth from my house to the beach as I live close enough, depending on who’s performing and at what time.

Thanks!

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Is the typical full Friday practice run still being done? I typically try to get to Jones by 1300 on the Friday to catch them. Should we expect the blues at 1400 Friday?

my office is right at isp and I *think* I heard them take off today at 1400. Am I wrong?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

It seems like a lot of the practices got done today but if the weather holds out above minimum I’m sure there will be some planes flying tomorrow. Whether the Blues fly is yet to be determined since they flew a practice today.