Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 182

Thread: 2022 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 28th and 29th

  1. #16
    Member Fighting Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Great to hear the US Navy EA-18 Growlers will be visiting FRG and the AAM again this year!!
    It's definitely going to be LOUD at FRG over the Memorial Day weekend with 7 Super Hornets from the Blue Angels and 2 Growlers visiting also!
    And if that's not enough noise for ya, you can also catch "Top Gun: Maverick" in the theaters over the Memorial Day weekend too!!
    BTW, Here's a new one minute sneak peak video of some of the Super Hornets in action !
    And don't forget about the potential F22 and F35 flybys over FRG! I remember we got a couple of them from the F35 a few years back. Can't remember if the F22 flew past but I believe it did as well.

  2. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    11
    I'm thinking of running down to Dover myself next weekend. That is going to be a mega airshow :) Harrier and Osprey also from what I saw on the schedule

  3. #18
    Senior Member Chris S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Falcon View Post
    And don't forget about the potential F22 and F35 flybys over FRG! I remember we got a couple of them from the F35 a few years back. Can't remember if the F22 flew past but I believe it did as well.
    It would be nice if the F-22 and F-35C did some flybys at FRG after their demos at Jones Beach, but unfortunately it's been a while since we got one at FRG.
    BTW, the F-22 is also scheduled to do a HF over a parade up in Hatfield, MA on Sun. May 29th, so if a flyby happened with the F-22 it would probably only be on Sat?
    And yeah, that F-35A did some nice low approaches at FRG back in 2016 at FRG, and back then it had to fly all the way back to ACY after the show also!!

  4. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    We usually go to a few other shows within a few hours drive to see performers. For example, next weekend in Dover, Md - about a 3 -3-1/2 hour drive each way, they have a hell of a line up: Both the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds, C-17 demo, C-5 demo, B2 flyover, and many others. Well worth the drive in my opinion!
    Atlantic City puts on a good show as well. I was there in 2019. We got to see a B-52 as well as a couple of other gems. That year they also hosted the Red Arrows. So it was really was worth the trip.

  5. #20
    Senior Member Chris S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    949
    BTW, the Blue Angels will also be doing the USNA Graduation flyover down in Annapolis on Friday May 27th at 10AM,
    and in the past, they usually take off from FRG between 9:00- 9:30AM and return around 10:30 -10:45AM.

  6. #21
    So does anyone have any arrival times for any of the jets? I unfortunately don't know where else to look for the info

  7. #22
    Member Fighting Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    44
    Passed by Republic yesterday afternoon and saw them installing the arresting gear on the runway

  8. #23
    Senior Member Chris S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Falcon View Post
    Passed by Republic yesterday afternoon and saw them installing the arresting gear on the runway
    Well, that's great to hear they're installing the arresting cable on RWY 32/14, cause that confirms the Blues will be using FRG.
    No confirmed arrival times yet, but hoping to hear some info soon. FYI, the FAA has posted the TFR for the Jones Beach show
    and the air space over the beach will be closed daily from 10AM to 3PM, starting Thurs., May 26th and ending Sun. May 29th.
    BTW, I went down to the Dover Air Show over the weekend and finally got to see the Blue Angels fly their Super Hornets in person
    and they definitely have more power than the Legacy Hornets and are MUCH LOUDER also !!
    The Blue Angels are definitely going to ROCK Republic Airport and Jones Beach this week!!

  9. #24
    Member Fighting Falcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Well, that's great to hear they're installing the arresting cable on RWY 32/14, cause that confirms the Blues will be using FRG.
    No confirmed arrival times yet, but hoping to hear some info soon. FYI, the FAA has posted the TFR for the Jones Beach show
    and the air space over the beach will be closed daily from 10AM to 3PM, starting Thurs., May 26th and ending Sun. May 29th.
    BTW, I went down to the Dover Air Show over the weekend and finally got to see the Blue Angels fly their Super Hornets in person
    and they definitely have more power than the Legacy Hornets and are MUCH LOUDER also !!
    The Blue Angels are definitely going to ROCK Republic Airport and Jones Beach this week!!
    Awesome, can't wait! Also, was the TFR in previous years for the entire duration of the show? If I'm not mistaken I believe it was only for when the big jets are in the air (an hour for the Blues/Tbirds and an additional hour or so for the ACC/Navy Tac demos). Maybe they just figured it'd be easier to slot off the entire air show time this year?

  10. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Lake Ronkonkoma, NY
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Falcon View Post
    Awesome, can't wait! Also, was the TFR in previous years for the entire duration of the show? If I'm not mistaken I believe it was only for when the big jets are in the air (an hour for the Blues/Tbirds and an additional hour or so for the ACC/Navy Tac demos). Maybe they just figured it'd be easier to slot off the entire air show time this year?
    Pretty sure in years past it was for the duration of the show. Would have to imagine not only for safety of all performers but in case schedule had to be adjusted. I know Thursday circle and arrivals they go up multiple times after arriving at FRG.
    Glenn

  11. #26
    Senior Member Chris S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    949
    Yeah, usually the TFR would be pretty much be the same times for Fri., Sat., and Sun., but this year they also included Thursday from 10AM to 3PM too!
    The TFR schedule may have been done that way so that the Blue Angels have more flexibility on when they get to practice this week because they've got
    a very busy week starting with the Annapolis practice and show on Tues. and Wed. and then flying back down there from FRG for the USNA Graduation
    flyover on Fri. morning. Things could change up for them depending on downtime needed by the team and weather too possibly?

  12. #27
    Senior Member Chris S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    949
    According to the American Airpower Museum's FB page it sounds like they're expecting (3) - EA-18G Growlers visiting the AAM this weekend.
    They will also have the Top Gun Experience F/A-18 full size cockpit there also available for photo ops too. Here's the post ...

    "Join us for the first day of our Top Gun Weekend! Come and visit our special weekend the Cockpit USA sponsored "Top Gun" experience
    with our interactive Top Gun display including a full size F/A-18 Cockpit tour and gear up in Top Gun flight gear for available photo packages
    for you and your friends and family! (Tours/Photo packages are not included in museum admission).
    Watch the American Airpower Museum Warbirds and the US Navy Blue Angels fly over Republic Airport during their Departure and Arrival operations
    for the Jones Beach Air Show! Come meet and greet with real US Navy Top Gun's visiting AAM with 3 EA-18G Growlers!"

  13. #28
    Senior Member Chris S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    949
    Well, the only info I've been able to find out so far from Republic Airport Flight Ops is that Blue Angel #7 is due in sometime after 1PM on Wed., but that could also mean anytime between 1PM - 7PM?
    Fat Albert is due into FRG on Thurs. morning around 8AM and the rest of the Blues should be arriving between 9AM - 11AM. The Blue Angels should be doing their circles and arrivals and practicing down
    at Jones Beach between the hours of 11AM- 3PM on Thurs., but I'm not sure if the 4-Ship Diamond and 2 solos will be going up once or twice on Thursday?
    The F-22 and F-35C are scheduled to arrive at ISP on Thursday but haven't heard any specific times yet for them or the Growlers coming to FRG also.

  14. #29
    Appreciate the info, Chris!

  15. #30
    Thank you very much sir! That info is greatly appreciated.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •