Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UN Week 2021

Yes Speedbird, USA is no longer land of the free, hasn't been for many years now and aircraft photography paranoia is just a small symptom of the bigger picture. But in 2013 i myself had an Allied Barton supervisor called on me by a ghetto fabulous lady working the garage exit booth down below, who spotted me at the edge on the roof, I waved her off and ignored her and she called her supervisor who wasn't very bright either, unfortunately. But apparently they have gotten tired of bothering us harmless spotting dorks. Yesterday i noticed one of their vehicles (whatever the company is called now) possibly watching me on top of the roof which was almost empty, instead of patrolling the lower levels full of cars. Totally ineffective security if you ask me. It's all an illusion of security. And the most crooked politicians suddenly care about our health too "Mask save lives" - it's all over stickers on the JFK bathrooms, Air Train etc. The most crooked politicians give us lessons about "protection". 1984 aint got nothing on 2021

Miami which used to be pretty free for photography has become increasingly less in the last 8 years or so. It's now down to the Eldorado spot for hassle-free spotting on the south runway. The photography holes area on the north runways is being torn down for new construction but MDAD employs a fleet of white SUVs who appeared out of nowhere to tell you to get back to the "official spotting zone" if you strayed a few feet away, so it wasn't even fun anymore. Be glad you experienced the good old days, they're not coming back. For scanning your slides/negatives to computer, get a Nikon/Epson flatbed scanner that does slides. You'd be surprised how beautiful they can come out !
    Quote Originally Posted by jbluflyermatt View Post
    Newark is usually pretty light on UNGA traffic. They usually get Burkina Faso, Niger, Togo and Ethiopian, none of which came at all this year.
    a few other Newark UNGA visitors were Guinea Ecuatorial using Ceiba 772, a most interesting one now in the desert :/ and there are pictures of Venezuela's Conviasa CRJs there during UNGA

Which plane did Senegal use this year, the goverment's A320?

Libya A340 after spending a week at Stewart finally arrived back at JFK 7pm, on the ground for 2 hrs then headed off to the Atlantic.
    Last edited by MarioFL; 2021-09-27 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarioFL View Post
    The photography holes area on the north runways is being torn down for new construction
    Just to make one point on this, the "holes" for runways 8L/8R/12 have been re-opened - they are probably 25 years back from where they used to be because of the construction, but they have been open for a couple of weeks now.

FLL - while limited in traffic, airlines, etc. is still very open and free to spotters and welcomes them immensely.
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Any of you ever visit the old Pan Am Roof at T3?Sadly fenced off after Lockerbie. It was paradise for spotters. I wanted my ashes placed there. No security problems & restrooms & food services just a short elevator ride away.The good old days. I miss them so.

Senegal was an A339, 9H-SZN, probably returned to Dakar. Still don't know if Israel sent any delegation as their new jet seems to still be at TLV.

a few other Newark UNGA visitors were Guinea Ecuatorial using Ceiba 772, a most interesting one now in the desert :/ and there are pictures of Venezuela's Conviasa CRJs there during UNGA
    Forgot about them! You're right, that one is in the desert now. The government of Equatorial Guinea now has that really cool 77L, probably bought from Ceiba.

Which plane did Senegal use this year, the government's A320?
    Yup! Their new A320NEO, 6V-SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    Senegal was an A339, 9H-SZN, probably returned to Dakar. Still don't know if Israel sent any delegation as their new jet seems to still be at TLV.
    The Senegal 339 is actually a commercial flight, completely unrelated to the government. It operates multiple times a week. Israel's delegation came on a chartered El Al flight.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawrence View Post
    the "holes" for runways 8L/8R/12 have been re-opened - they are probably 25 years back from where they used to be because of the construction, but they have been open for a couple of weeks now.

FLL - while limited in traffic, airlines, etc. is still very open and free to spotters and welcomes them immensely.
    A few months ago they were putting up the new fence. Not sure how parking will be (less photographers visiting in the last couple of years anyways) but good they put holes on new fence. FLL spots are great but yes traffic is very boring after Faucidemic without the Canadian charters. I find myself more interested in the migratory birdwatching and green iguanas than the planes.

by the way, Thanks Matt for bringing this thread back for 2021. I'm not on Fb/twitter and reading it here is still fun!

I believe the new Israeli PM Bennett came to JFK on ELY37 on Sun. morning. The 788 landed on Rwy 31L.

I missed the tail #s & or flight #s for the Russian, Turkish, Japanese & S. Korean delegations. The latter 2 used to be jumbos. Please help me update this info. Thanks.

I believe the new Israeli PM Bennett came to JFK on ELY37 on Sun. morning. The 788 landed on Rwy 31L.
    Correct!

I missed the tail #s & or flight #s for the Russian, Turkish, Japanese & S. Korean delegations. The latter 2 used to be jumbos. Please help me update this info. Thanks.
    If you go to the first page of the thread, you'll be able to get all of that information.
    Last edited by jbluflyermatt; 2021-09-27 at 06:39 PM.

Master List of UNGA Aircraft

Here's a list of all the UNGA aircraft that came this year (as far as I'm aware of). If anyone knows of any other aircraft that were here for UNGA, please let me know and I'll update the list! The list is undoubtedly shorter than those of previous years, but we definitely had some unique aircraft this year.

Angola - B762 - P4-CLA
    Australia - B737 - A36-001
    Australia - A332 - A39-007
    Bangladesh - B788 - S2-AJX
    Bolivia - F900 - FAB-001
    Botswana - GLEX - OK1
    Brazil - A319 - 2101
    Brazil - E35L - 2585
    Brazil - E190 - 2590
    Brazil - E190 - 2591
    Colombia - B762 - FAC1202
    Colombia - E35L - FAC1218
    D.R. Congo - B737 - A6-RJU
    Ecuador - FA7X - FAE-052
    Germany - A343 - 16+01
    Germany - A343 - 16+02
    Ghana - B739 - LX-DIO
    Guinea-Bissau - GLF5 - P4-BAR
    Honduras - E35L - FAH-001
    Hungary - FA7X - 606
    India - B77W - VT-ALW/K7067
    Iraq - FA8X - T7-ONEX
    Israel - B788 - 4X-ERB
    Italy - A319 - MM62174
    Jordan - GLF6 - VQ-BNZ
    Kuwait - A345 - 9K-GBB
    Kuwait - GLF6 - 9K-GGC
    Libya - A342 - 5A-ONE
    Namibia - FA7X - V5-GON
    Netherlands - B737 - PH-GOV
    Nigeria - B737 - 5N-FGT
    Panama - C550 - ???
    Qatar - A320 - A7-AAG
    Qatar - A343 - A7-AAH
    Qatar - A345 - A7-HHH
    Qatar - A319 - A7-HHJ
    Qatar - A342 - A7-HHK
    Qatar - A332 - A7-HHM
    Russia - IL96 - RA-96023
    Senegal - A20N - 6V-SEN
    South Korea - B744 - 10001
    Spain - F900 - T.18-5
    Spain - A310 - T.22-1
    Sweden - GLF5 - 102005
    Turkey - A400 - 17-0078
    Turkey - GLF5 - TC-ATA
    Turkey - A332 - TC-TRK
    Turkey - B748 - TC-TUR
    Ukraine - A319 - UR-ABA
    United Kingdom - A332 - ZZ336
    United States - B742 - 82-8000
    United States - C17 - 96-0002
    Vietnam - B789 - VN-A869

B788 - 2-DEER
    B737 - 9H-GGG
    B737 - HL8222
    A332 - HZ-SKY2
    A319 - OE-IJG
    A318 - VP-CKH
    Last edited by jbluflyermatt; 2021-10-02 at 09:42 AM.

Wednesday 9/29
    0705L: El Al left around 0245L, and with that, UNGA 2021 has come to a close. Thank you to Zee71, MarioFL and Speedbird1 for helping out with the updates! Greatly appreciated. It was great to get this thread going again this year after missing out on it last year. Hopefully next year’s UNGA will be a bit more normal but with some cool catches still!
    It was good to read all the updates, much appreciated. It wasn't a normal year but the vip list was still good, even some nice first timers like the Indian 777 and Austin Power's plane, sorry I mean lockdown BoJo's flamboyant A330!

I took a daytrip to NY Saturday but didn't meet up at the spotting locations, as I was expecting a change to 22s (which never came). Also logistics - a fellow southern acquaintance who had rented a car and loves to chat over the phone who was expected to at least drop by and hang out for a few, wussed out scared he wiould miss the same planes he'd already shot all week long if he drove 10 minutes to meet up.. enough said. First UN outing I don't meet any photographers but it was still a nice time, good weather and planes.

Btw the IL96 that landed Saturday, was that carrying comrade Putin?

It was good to read all the updates, much appreciated. It wasn't a normal year but the vip list was still good, even some nice first timers like the Indian 777 and Austin Power's plane, sorry I mean lockdown BoJo's flamboyant A330!

I took a daytrip to NY Saturday but didn't meet up at the spotting locations, as I was expecting a change to 22s (which never came). Also logistics - a fellow southern acquaintance who had rented a car and loves to chat over the phone who was expected to at least drop by and hang out for a few, wussed out scared he wiould miss the same planes he'd already shot all week long if he drove 10 minutes to meet up.. enough said. First UN outing I don't meet any photographers but it was still a nice time, good weather and planes.

Btw the IL96 that landed Saturday, was that carrying comrade Putin?
    Definitely! Glad you were still able to get some good stuff. The IL96 was carrying the foreign minister or someone along those lines, but it definitely wasn't Putin.

Definitely! Glad you were still able to get some good stuff. The IL96 was carrying the foreign minister or someone along those lines, but it definitely wasn't Putin.
    Thanks bro!