Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 29th and 30th

For anyone interested in seeing a webcast of yesterday's practice show at Jones Beach here's the live Youtube link for LiveAirshowTV.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    BTW - I was impressed with the Thunderbirds new show routine for this year.
    More sneak passes and afterburners over the crowd had my ears ringing a couple of times today !! Ha!!
    You aren't kidding. Whoever came up with the new show really did their job. It was very "interactive" if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by fieldywanb View Post
    You aren't kidding. Whoever came up with the new show really did their job. It was very "interactive" if you know what I mean.
    The Thunderbirds actually worked with former Disney employees and the Blue Angels to come up with their new show routine.
    You can read more about here:
    Ex-Disney Employees Helped The Thunderbirds Create Their New Shortened Air Show Routine (thedrive.com)

I don’t see the A10s did they leave anticipating tomorrow will be canceled too. I see the golden knights plane but can’t see the A10s

Quote Originally Posted by Innes View Post
    I don’t see the A10s did they leave anticipating tomorrow will be canceled too. I see the golden knights plane but can’t see the A10s
    There's a good chance they just put the A-10s inside one of Sheltair's new hangars close to where they were parked with all the bad weather today.

It’s a Wrap for the Jones Beach airshow for 2021. According to Bethpage’s Airshow App. Sunday’s show is canceled due to weather. Hopefully THE AMA at FRG can get some airplanes in the air on Monday.
    Alan H
    Airshowphoto.com

It's unfortunate that the air show was cancelled again this morning. Looking forward to next year.

Breaking News .... Bethpage Air Show a go for 1st time on Memorial Day after weekend cancellations

https://abc7ny.com/community-events/...ther/10717169/

Breaking News .... Bethpage Air Show a go for 1st time on Memorial Day after weekend cancellations

https://abc7ny.com/community-events/...ther/10717169/
    I was just about to post this - you're so quick! Fantastic news!

Excellent news for those who couldn't make it down there Sat & Sun. Friday was great!

Is it possible to do planespotting to view the f16's at islip? Where are they parked? I know the ramps at heritage, and helicopter training, near hawthorne fbo have parking lots. Maybe in the lot behind the fence? If not then I'll just get to the strip mall off of runway 14 at Farmingdale.

Update: The air show is now open to all, regardless of whether or not you reserved a parking pass already. Just $10 as usual.

Went to the museum today, arrived after the flights for the airshow and they didn't have any flying after unfortunately. The Growlers were cool and the pilot gave a nice walk around of it.

Depends on the winds and what the active runway is on Tues. but the Growlers should be using RWY 14/32.
    When the Growlers landed the other night they used RWY 32 with the winds coming from the northwest.
    Great, thank you so much for this information! They flew right over my house on Thursday night and I thought they were F-18’s so excited to (hopefully) see them take off!

Presuming the Growlers have departed a few minutes ago - It sounded like they stayed low up until they reached the bay and then went vertical because I heard them for a good few minutes after they flew over (very loud).