Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 29th and 30th

Quote Originally Posted by MORS-AB-ALTO View Post
    32 is still in use and BUSY. Missed the A-10's by 5 minutes bit I'll be here with my ladder waiting for the Growlers to arrive in the PERFECT light.
    I must be standing 50 feet away from you, then. Bright blue t-shirt and checkered blue shorts. Come say hi if you want, there are too many ladders for me to pick you out, haha
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Falcon View Post
    Yep it was Skytypers. Doing a rough run through.
    Thank you. Will be nice to see them come back to farmingdale

For anyone still by Islip the globe master should be there soon. Just getting over conmecticut

F-18s just landed at FRG. Did a low pass, a touch-and-go, and a full-stop.
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
    F-18s just landed at FRG. Did a low pass, a touch-and-go, and a full-stop.
    They put on quite the little show

Thunderbirds confirmed on their Twitter that they will be flying at 10am and 2pm tomorrow (Friday).

Agreed, it was a great little show at KFRG courtesy of the Growlers! The touch-and-go's surprised me - a nice added bonus. Fingers crossed for great weather tomorrow and over the weekend!

Yeah, the Growlers did a nice lil show for us at FRG this evening. BTW, I got to talk to "Chunk", the Growler pilot who gave me the info about their arrival time,
    and he told me the Growlers will departing FRG on Tues. morning around 11AM for those interested in seeing that too. Good hear the T-Birds will be flying
    at the beach tomorrow morning right away at 10AM and hopefully they'll be able to fly again at 2PM before the weather gets crappy.

Question are they Growlers or Superhornets and how do you tell looking at the planes.
    I was there yesterday they gave a great little show at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Innes View Post
    Question are they Growlers or Superhornets and how do you tell looking at the planes.
    I was there yesterday they gave a great little show at the airport.
    The ones at FRG right now are Growlers, and they are actually a specialized electronic warfare version of the 2 seat Super Hornet.
    One way you can tell them apart is that the Growler has large Wing tip pods that house electronic jamming receivers.

Hello, do you know if the Growlers will be taking off today (Friday) at all and if so what time?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Yeah, the Growlers did a nice lil show for us at FRG this evening. BTW, I got to talk to "Chunk", the Growler pilot who gave me the info about their arrival time,
    and he told me the Growlers will departing FRG on Tues. morning around 11AM for those interested in seeing that too. Good hear the T-Birds will be flying
    at the beach tomorrow morning right away at 10AM and hopefully they'll be able to fly again at 2PM before the weather gets crappy.
    Hello, do you know if the Growlers will be taking off today (Friday) at all and if so what time?

Great performance this morning with the thunderbirds circles.

Quote Originally Posted by fieldywanb View Post
    Great performance this morning with the thunderbirds circles.
    Good morning, did the Thunderbirds put on a full show this morning? Or was it more of a testing out the space? Thanks for the feedback.

Also, do we know for sure if they’re coming back at 2 PM?

-Dave-

Quote Originally Posted by imyrless View Post
    Good morning, did the Thunderbirds put on a full show this morning? Or was it more of a testing out the space? Thanks for the feedback.

Also, do we know for sure if they’re coming back at 2 PM?

-Dave-
    The 2 solos came and did their site familiarization, the the 4 came. Did a few tricks as well as circles. They stated on the narration that they will be back at 2