Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 29th and 30th

2021 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 29th and 30th

The 2021 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach Thread
    Hosted by the New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation
    Title Sponsor: Bethpage Federal Credit Union

***Air show rescheduled to Memorial Day, 5/31, from 12-3pm!***
    Link: https://abc7ny.com/community-events/...ther/10717169/
    All Saturday, Sunday, and healthcare heroes passes will be honored. All others $10 parking pass.

Event Details
    Address: Wantagh, NY 11793
    Dates: Monday, May 31st
    Time: 12pm-3pm
    Livestream: abc7ny.com (Saturday only)
    Cost: You need to reserve a $10 parking pass for each day (including the Friday practice show). You'll also be given an arrival window.
    Note: Parking passes for the Saturday and Sunday shows are sold-out but there are still some available for the Friday practice. Visit the NYS Parks page to purchase your passes.

***Latest Bethpage Air Show News***
    [Updated 8:45am, 5/31]: Monday's air show is now open to all, regardless of whether you reserved a parking pass already. Just $10 as usual.

2021 Confirmed Performers:
    • US Air Force Thunderbirds
    • US Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II
    • C-5 Galaxy (Saturday only!)
    • US Army Golden Knights Parachute Team
    • U.S. Coast Guard Search and Rescue Demonstration
    • American Airpower Museum Warbirds
    • GEICO Skytypers
    • Bayport Aerodrome Society
    • David Windmiller
    • Mike Goulian
    • Farmingdale State College Flying Rams

2019's Air Show Attendance:
    369,000 attendees (total)
    68,000 attendees (Friday)
    114,000 attendees (Saturday)
    187,000 attendees (Sunday)

This thread will serve as the go-to for all things related to the 2021 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach. Join the discussion and be sure to check back on this post, as it will be updated regularly to reflect the most up-to-date information.
    Last edited by Fighting Falcon; 2021-05-31 at 08:46 AM.

Caught a glimpse of David Windmiller landing at Republic yesterday evening!

I'll be stationed over at KFRG, helping out with Civil Air Patrol on the field. As far as I know, this may very well be the first time CAP actually participates IN the Airshow itself, with CAP aircraft. The details are still being worked out.

Interesting how they have the 106th and Coast Guard, probably just gonna be some C-130 flybys from the 106th. Also with construction at KFRG I have a feeling that activities there will severely hampered, whole taxiway and ramp area by the museum is being worked on currently. I also have a feeling the A-10s will park where the Blues usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbagel_001 View Post
    I'll be stationed over at KFRG, helping out with Civil Air Patrol on the field. As far as I know, this may very well be the first time CAP actually participates IN the Airshow itself, with CAP aircraft. The details are still being worked out.
    Should be fun to see what comes of it!

Quote Originally Posted by RCFLYER86 View Post
    Interesting how they have the 106th and Coast Guard, probably just gonna be some C-130 flybys from the 106th. Also with construction at KFRG I have a feeling that activities there will severely hampered, whole taxiway and ramp area by the museum is being worked on currently. I also have a feeling the A-10s will park where the Blues usually do.
    I thought the same thing regarding the A10s. The AAM parking lot is already tight as it is with the construction going on. That whole area will be swamped air show weekend.

Lots of action at Republic today. The C-47 seems to have returned for the season and was up in the air for a good part of the day. Also caught a warbird (possibly the SBD-5) in the sky and an aerobatic plane doing a speedy pass upon return to the airport.

Jamaica, New York, United States, 111046035586548, Jamaica, New York
    Hello all,

I’d like to attend the JBAS on 05/30/21 (Sunday) but wasn’t able to secure a parking pass. Is anybody planning to go that day that has a spare seat in their vehicle and I can hitch a ride with? I’d gladly pay the parking pass fee. I am fully covid19 vaccinated. Please message or call me at 9172880819 or email me: [email protected] if you can be of any assistance. Thank you.

Sincerely,
    David Abbey
    Queens Village, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Dabbey View Post
    Hello all,

I’d like to attend the JBAS on 05/30/21 (Sunday) but wasn’t able to secure a parking pass. Is anybody planning to go that day that has a spare seat in their vehicle and I can hitch a ride with? I’d gladly pay the parking pass fee. I am fully covid19 vaccinated. Please message or call me at 9172880819 or email me: [email protected] if you can be of any assistance. Thank you.

Sincerely,
    David Abbey
    Queens Village, NY
    Hope you're able to make it down, David.

AAM Update: 3 Super Hornets are scheduled to arrive at Republic on the morning of Thursday, May 27th. They'll be a static display at the AAM all weekend long.

Skytypers in the air and along Jones Beach this afternoon!

On my most recent check to the Bethpage air show website, I noticed that the 106th and Civil Air Patrol were removed from the featured list of performers. Hope that they're still a part of the show.

I assume the parking passes are for the beach, not for AAM?
    Last edited by ANITIX87; 2021-05-18 at 12:19 PM.
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
    I assume the parking passes are for the beach, not for AAM?
    Correct, for the beach only.

Bethpage just announced that the air show is officially 100% sold out (practice day included)!

Good to see the 2021 Jones Beach Air show thread up and running here on NYCA again !
    FYI - I heard back from the show and the good news is the A-10 Demo jets will be using Republic Airport for the Air Show and won't going out to ISP with the Thunderbirds.
    I also talked to one of the guys at the AAM, and he said since the 3 Super Hornets will be on static display on the tarmac between Sheltair and AAM, it looks like the A-10s
    will probably be parked on the other side of the airport by the terminal most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Falcon View Post
    On my most recent check to the Bethpage air show website, I noticed that the 106th and Civil Air Patrol were removed from the featured list of performers. Hope that they're still a part of the show.
    I am able to confirm that Civil Air Patrol will NOT be participating in the show, as performers with aircraft. This change was a relatively late development. However, CAP personnel (myself included) will still be serving on the field at KFRG, as usual.