Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 29th and 30th

Quote Originally Posted by fieldywanb View Post
    I think there is only 1 runway at republic right now. Usually when the blue angels come no matter what they use runway 32. Runway 32 is what is being used for the civilian flights right now. Usually you can park on new highway on the shoulder and not be bothered by anyone
    32 is in use right now and was used for the A-10s. That being said, I think 1/19 are open although not in use at the moment. I’d guess they’re still use 32 unless there’s a wind shift.

Quote Originally Posted by TJK View Post
    32 is in use right now and was used for the A-10s. That being said, I think 1/19 are open although not in use at the moment. I’d guess they’re still use 32 unless there’s a wind shift.
    I hadn't realized they finished construction on 1/19

I hadn't realized they finished construction on 1/19
    Actually, I am not sure if that they did finish work on 1/19. I heard the tower on my scanner this morning talking to a pilot and they said that they weren't sure when 1/19 would be open. They said it could be tomorrow or next week. But that it still wasn't open yet.

Just got by Islip. Anyone have any good places to park to see the thunderbirds?

Lots of great insightful info on here. Thanks to everyone for sharing. Two years ago, I recall that the Tbirds did do a site familiarization (either 4-ship or opposing solos, can’t remember which) before landing at MacArthur. They did it again with the others on practice morning. With the TFR having expired I’m not sure if they would do something similar on their approach today but we shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by RepublicAviation View Post
    Here is the link to track Thunderbird 1: https://www.flightradar24.com/THBRD01/27d93e4d
    No longer showing Thunderbird1, stopped saying they were about 14 minutes out
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    No longer showing Thunderbird1, stopped saying they were about 14 minutes out
    Found him over Connecticut. Just about to hit the LI sound

Found him over Connecticut. Just about to hit the LI sound
    Yeah, about 3/4 of the way through the flight a second "Thunderbird 1" popped up on the Radar from Sioux Falls (not sure why), but that is the one to keep track of now.

https://www.flightradar24.com/THBRD1/27d9b7c9

I am picking up the Thunderbirds on my scanner. I am in Farmingdale. So they are in the area.

They have arrived

Any word on the e18's?

32 is still in use and BUSY. Missed the A-10's by 5 minutes bit I'll be here with my ladder waiting for the Growlers to arrive in the PERFECT light.
    +++++1970-2006+++++
    Tomcats Forever, Baby!

Does anyone know what is down at Jones beach right now doing circles that left farmingdale?

Does anyone know what is down at Jones beach right now doing circles that left farmingdale?
    My guess is the Skytypers, saw a formation of 3 fly over my place not too long ago.

Yep it was Skytypers. Doing a rough run through.