Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 29th and 30th

For what it's worth, Flight Radar 24 is reporting Thunderbirds arrival at ISP @ 4:30pm, with their C-17 lagging behind around 6:30pm. I found this info by searching KISP on the app and looking through the scheduled arrivals. Of course, nothing is ever confirmed with these flights so take this as you may. Good luck to everyone and hope the weather holds out. Enjoy the weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by RepublicAviation View Post
    For what it's worth, Flight Radar 24 is reporting Thunderbirds arrival at ISP @ 4:30pm, with their C-17 lagging behind around 6:30pm. I found this info by searching KISP on the app and looking through the scheduled arrivals. Of course, nothing is ever confirmed with these flights so take this as you may. Good luck to everyone and hope the weather holds out. Enjoy the weekend!
    Here is the link to track Thunderbird 1: https://www.flightradar24.com/THBRD01/27d93e4d

Here is the link to track Thunderbird 1: https://www.flightradar24.com/THBRD01/27d93e4d
    Thanks for that tracking link on Flight Radar 24 for T-Bird #1.
    Oh well, doesn't look like the T-Birds will be able to make their scheduled TFR time down at the beach today,
    so hopefully they'll be able fly early down at the beach tomorrow when the TFR for the Air Show starts at
    10:00AM since it's practice day anyway.

No problem. I will be down there for the practice. Would love to see them twice.
    Last edited by RepublicAviation; 2021-05-27 at 02:49 PM.

Are the A-10s on there as well? Also, where are they based out of? Republic or Islip? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cscottrun View Post
    Are the A-10s on there as well? Also, where are they based out of? Republic or Islip? Thanks.
    It's much harder to track them as they are based out of an AFB, and I'm not sure where they would be staging from if coming from a different show site. Was able to find the Thunderbirds due to them flying out of/into public airports.
    Last edited by RepublicAviation; 2021-05-27 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Thanks for that tracking link on Flight Radar 24 for T-Bird #1.
    Oh well, doesn't look like the T-Birds will be able to make their scheduled TFR time down at the beach today,
    so hopefully they'll be able fly early down at the beach tomorrow when the TFR for the Air Show starts at
    10:00AM since it's practice day anyway.
    If the Thunderbird's arrival at ISP is 4:30, Any possibility that they are going to use their scheduled TFR at 3:30 and then go to ISP?

I was at the beach but left after seeing the thunderbirds were so far away. Now at republic. Anyone have any idea when the a10's will be arriving?

Looks like the A-10s already arrived at KFRG, BFCU posted a video on their main Instagram page.

Aaarggghhh, so nothing here until later, I guess I'll drive over to Islip. Thank you.

A-10s have definitely arrived. I have my scanner on. I heard them talking to the tower a while ago.

I see thunderbird 1 is flying with a stratotanker. Will that be arriving at Islip as well or is it just refueling all the thunderbirds?

Is there a runway the F-18s will definitely use at FRG over the others? With it being late afternoon, the Stew Leonard's seems like a good bet if they use Runway 19. If they're on 14, though, one of the parking lots on Broadhollow might be the way to go.
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
    Is there a runway the F-18s will definitely use at FRG over the others? With it being late afternoon, the Stew Leonard's seems like a good bet if they use Runway 19. If they're on 14, though, one of the parking lots on Broadhollow might be the way to go.
    I think there is only 1 runway at republic right now. Usually when the blue angels come no matter what they use runway 32. Runway 32 is what is being used for the civilian flights right now. Usually you can park on new highway on the shoulder and not be bothered by anyone

Thanks, maybe I'll see you there if I can get this client to stop talking to me on the phone.
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM