Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach - May 29th and 30th

Quote Originally Posted by WW2 Warbirds View Post
    Aside from the 3 Super Hornets. Does anybody know if anything else is going on at the AAM. They really haven't posted any info to the public. I know that things will be limited due to the construction. But I wouldn't have even known about the Super Hornets had it not been for this forum. It just seams like they have been very quiet.
    For those who are interested, after doing a great deal of searching on the AAM , I found the following link: http://warbirdsnews.com/aviation-mus...how-ready.html

For those who are interested, after doing a great deal of searching on the AAM , I found the following link: http://warbirdsnews.com/aviation-mus...how-ready.html
    Thanks for posting this. So all we know re: hornets arrival is early Thursday morning? Has anyone found an actual time?

Regarding an air show schedule: I remember that BFCU released a tentative schedule several years back but have since scrapped its public release citing uncertainty due to the weather, airspace regulations, and other operational unknowns. And they weren't lying - to my memory, the Skytypers, Superhornet, Sean Tucker, and the Golden Knights have all had their time slots moved up/back in the last few years (as per Rob Reider's commentary) for various reasons. So the only "definite" time slot is the Thunderbirds from ~2pm on.

Also haven't heard anything specific for the Superhornets yet aside from "early morning" on Thursday.

Jamaica, New York, United States, 111046035586548, Jamaica, New York
    From Live Air Show TV website, tentative schedule of performers on 05/29/21

https://liveairshowtv.com/bethpage21-schedule/

Jamaica, New York, United States, 111046035586548, Jamaica, New York
    For anyone not able to secure a parking permit and wanting to attend the Air Show, there is the NICE N88 Bus option. The bus goes from Freeport LIRR to the Central Mall bus stop at Jones beach. I am planning to use this option on Sunday, 05/30

Not sure exactly when the (3) EA-18 Growler Super Hornets are due in tomorrow morning,
    but I heard the A-10 Demo jets flying in from AZ should be arriving around 3:30 if all goes well.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Not sure exactly when the (3) EA-18 Growler Super Hornets are due in tomorrow morning,
    but I heard the A-10 Demo jets flying in from AZ should be arriving around 3:30 if all goes well.
    Is that 3:30 today or tomorrow?

Is that 3:30 today or tomorrow?
    Thursday, arrival day.
    BTW, also heard that the A-10s are going to be parked at Sheltair's new facility across from the Terminal.
    Last edited by Chris S; 2021-05-26 at 03:52 PM.

Anybody advise what time the Thunderbirds will arrive tomorrow at macArthur airport

Quote Originally Posted by Innes View Post
    Anybody advise what time the Thunderbirds will arrive tomorrow at macArthur airport
    Not sure when they'll be arriving tomorrow at ISP, but the FAA TFR has been posted and the T-Birds have the air space over
    Jones Beach on Thurs. afternoon from 3:30 to 4:30 to do their circles and arrival to get familiar with Jones Beach area,
    so there should be some takeoffs and landings by the T-Bird diamond and then the solo pilots during that time period at ISP also.

Excited for the next few days!

Chris - thanks for providing the TFR info. I actually looked about an hour prior to your post and couldn't find anything at that time. Hoping to catch a bit of the site familiarization tomorrow afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    Hey man,

I just made this account to post this info but I think my account is too new to post. For tomorrow at Republic there will be 2 Growlers (not super hornets) arriving in the evening, not the morning. We will be no earlier than 5pm. Likely some tome between 5:30pm and 7pm local if nothing breaks on the trip. Expect the growlers on the ramp at the museum until Tuesday morning with at least one aircrew at the jets for tours and Q&As while the museum is open.

Pass the info on, I don’t want people sitting around all morning waiting for jets that are coming in later.

Have a good night!
    FYI - just noticed this private message from a new member "Chunk" who's apparently with the Growler team that's visiting the AAM this weekend.
    The info sounds legit especially since I know the Growlers will be traveling cross country today from NAS Whidbey Island, WA.

Just drove by MacArthur going down Smithtown. Thunderbirds weren't there but they have 3 tents set up and a row of minivans next to where they usually park. They have tape up blocking the grass
    Glenn

Thanks for all the info Chris. I had a feeling it would be Growlers considering The East Coast Rhino team is basically non existent this year. Hope to catch them and the A-10''s arriving in the sunshine today. Happy hunting! So they don't go to waste I have 1 extra parking pass for each day at Jones Beach. They will be on the house PM me if interested.
    +++++1970-2006+++++
    Tomcats Forever, Baby!

Hi Everyone, first a big THANK YOU to all of you who go out of your way to inform us and keep us up to date on the specifics.

With that, are the A-10’s still planning to fly the beach today to get acquainted? There was a post stating a 3:30-4:30 timeframe today.

Thank You.

-dave-