Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Bethpage Air Show at Jones Beach, NY May 25th & 26th

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Weird only an hour in the afternoon and at 3:00. Makes ya wonder if they're coming in Thursday late morning.
    Yeah, since the T-Birds will be flying all the way from Vegas to ISP on Thursday,
    they probably won't be arriving until late in the morning or early afternoon if all
    goes well and then they'll go up again and practice over Jones Beach from 3 - 4PM.

I am trying to remember if they have to do a flyby for the graduation. My be that's why Thursday arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfrod55 View Post
    I am trying to remember if they have to do a flyby for the graduation. My be that's why Thursday arrival.
    You may be thinking of the Blue Angels who typically fly down from here (in the alternate years when they're in town for the Airshow) for the Naval Academy Graduation.

The T-Birds are scheduled to do the USAFA Graduation Flyover next Thurs., May 30th in Colorado Springs, CO.

yes that is what I was thinking of Had the wrong date.

yes that is what I was thinking of Had the wrong date.
    I was thinking the same thing as 2 years ago they had the graduation flyover the week leading up to the airshow
    Glenn

The “Screamin Sasquatch” team has reportedly arrived and are near Sheltaire.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

According to the Show's FB page and these cool photos they posted, the Red Bull Helicopter
    has arrived also and it did a little teaser show in NYC over the Hudson this past weekend >>>>

The P 40 Warhawk American Dream is due in today to the AAM

P40 American Dream arrived at the AAM about 2 hours ago and is being stored inside the museum.

Messaged the airport and they said that the Thunderbirds will be located in a different area this year with limited space and they will not be able to have a viewing area.
    Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by dekdawg21 View Post
    Messaged the airport and they said that the Thunderbirds will be located in a different area this year with limited space and they will not be able to have a viewing area.
    Just another reason why the T-Birds should've gotten a waiver to use Republic Airport this year!
    The T-Birds are missing the boat once again when it comes to public relations and recruiting for
    this show with the people and most importantly kids who want to see and meet them up close !!

Very true Chris.

Also asked them if they had an ETA for their arrival. They said that unfortunately they do not get an exact time on their arrival but its usually in the afternoon. That would make sense for only having a 3-4 TFR.
    Glenn

FYI - I was trying to find out arrival time info for the Super Hornet from Republic Airport,
    but the only info they had right now was that the F-18s would be parked over at Sheltair
    for the show this weekend.

Team Oracle and Jacks Links are giving media rides to News 12 and other media people right now at Sheltair.